PDA

View Full Version : after school

ss1983
22-02-2010, 10:56 PM
hi i have 2 new children starting next tuesday age 5 and 10 2 days a wwek but dont need me in holidays so do i charge anything y she not with me in holidays

childminder54
23-02-2010, 12:02 AM
if open to work you charge half fee. IF =f you have someone as for holiday time only you dont charge but ive never come across anybody wanting holiday only.

veronicax

mushpea
23-02-2010, 06:58 AM
I have term time only children and dont charge in the hols as i am happy to have a few less in the hols as it makes it easier on my own kids, it depends on yourself, if you are happy to have them in the hols and feel you would miss the money they charge a retainer .

miffy
23-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I only charge a very small retainer in the holidays but that is because I have children who come holidays only and they make up my money.

It's up to you what you charge for holidays but you should only charge a retainer if you are available to work.

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
23-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I only charge for hours needed no retainer etc but I have term time only and holiday only children so for me it works out without charging parents additional fees.

ss1983
23-02-2010, 10:30 PM
i am open in the holidays,but dont no if to charge as they dont need me,so if i dont charge foe holidays i wont be earning anything y they not with me, but if i charge a fee that will hold place for when go back to school?