PDA

View Full Version : an almost black eye

emmadines
22-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I collected a mindee from school, only to have my son come and get me saying Mrs ***** needs to speak to you about ****** anyway with a role of my eyes I walk over to see mindee with pretty much a black eye!:eek:

from what the teachers have worked out a year 6 was taunting the mindee (a year 3) and mindee flipped (he has a very short fuse) and started on the year 6 who was winding him up.... then the year 6 walloped mindee in the face catching the top of his cheek bone.... appaerently investigations are taking place to confirm what has actually happened!

apparently mum has been called and told all about it! :panic: (Ill find out if thats the case later...)
now other then mindee actually being fine and his normal self, do I need to write this up in the accident book as an existing injury and get mum to sign?

I feel sorry for his mum, its always something at the mo, he can be hard work but when hes good hes actually a lovely boy! kids eh (I know why I stopped at 2):)

sandy64
22-02-2010, 05:45 PM
you should of been given a accident sheet from school i normaly photo copy it for my records and give mum it as it hasnt happened with you. if you havent why not? id be asking school. to cover yourself then put it in incident book. bet his eye will be worse tommorrow.

Tina O
22-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I would have noted this in my accident book as an incident that I was informed about on parents behalf and get the parents to sign so you can prove you have told them, (just to cover yourself.....)

miffy
22-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I also think school should have given you a copy of their incident report.

I would write it up in your incident records and get mum to sign it.

Miffy xx

Mia'smummyx
26-02-2010, 06:50 PM
In my previous jobs, nursery, afterschool club and pre school i was always under the impression that:
Incident book- something that happen whilst not in our care to be recorded, child was hurt by another child whilst in our care (being bit),
Accident- something that was an accident whilst in our care (tripping over, bumping head)
Can anyone clarify whats right and whats wrong??
Leah

Daisy1956
26-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I have an existing injuries form which I fill in and the parents sign. I use this for injuries which happen at home or school when they are not in my care.