PDA

View Full Version : help my daughter as chicken pox i think

gailee
22-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Wot do you do if ur own daughter as chicken pox??? do you close for the week or do you let the parents decide what do come or not???

charleyfarley
22-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Both of my 2 came down with chicken pox recently, 2 weeks apart. When Mitchell had them mindee came down with them at the same time so he still came. Other parent decided to keep her lo off.

Then Charley developed them and again I stayed open as parent decided this time to send her lo as he'd been around CPox so much already due to the others having it (if that makes sense) Neither of my children were poorly with it though, unlike my hubby who also got it.

Carol xx

mama2three
22-02-2010, 04:23 PM
it would depend on how poorly she was - and whether i could give her the attention she needed taking into account the age / behaviour of the mindees. If i opened i would be sure to remind parents of the fees / illness policy - so they knew they would still need to pay if their child caught chicken pox. TBH , they have been in contact when she was most contagious , before the spots came out , so have prob already caught it if they are going to.

sandy64
22-02-2010, 04:37 PM
when my dd had them i had 2 days off when she was ill then left it to parents if they wanted to bring them it was ok but explained to all as 1 parent didnt want hers to catch it and kept her off if they did get it they would have to keep at home, and yes they all got them apart from the 1 who stayed off very lucky as its infectious before spots as well.But its your decision to make then up to each parent. hope your lo better soon:)

donnawalsh123
22-02-2010, 04:56 PM
as others have said give the parents the choice as they've probaly already got them if they gonna get them by now. as long as your little un is not to ill that theyd need all your attention.

alot of parents prefer there kids to get chicken pox when little, as its no fun having them when older, as i can tell you :(

sillysausage
22-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I have always given parents the choice. It's a long long time since my kids had chicken pox.
If one of the mindees has chicken pox I won't have them if they are poorly but if they are well in themselves I'm quite happy to have them. I ask all my other parents their view, irrespective of whether their child/ren have had chicken pox themselves. If one of my other parents has an issue with the infected child coming then the spotty child stays at home with parents. Never had anyone say no yet though.
If it was my own child who was ill I would close if they were poorly, then give parents the choice. If they chose not to send their child during the infectious period then I wouldn't charge them.

SimplyLucy
22-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I closed when my son had chickenpox.......ment I could delay my Ofsted inspection!

Tina O
22-02-2010, 07:48 PM
If you get CPox as an adult it's not fun, I had it about this time last year!!! was very poorly!!!

just a point........ What does your illness policy say and how would that come across if you had a house of 'pox' kids and an inspector turns up?