PDA

View Full Version : outdoor wooden play house

terrydoo73
22-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a lovely small wooden playhouse which sits at the top end of my yard. In it I keep all the smaller items of equipment on shelves - bats, balls, dolls house on a table to play with as well as a blackboard with chalk. I also have a table and 2 chairs for the children to make up a teaparty or just bring books out and sit in. I have decorated the sides with the children's artwork or just laminated sheets of the children playing etc.

Does anyone else have one of these? If so what do you have in it? I think mine is not being put to its full use and would love ideas!

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes I have one 6ft x 4ft and usually it has in it a playkitchen one side and a workbench/ tools the other. Children love being in there. I have made some curtains for the windows. They play homes, Mums/ Dads , hospitals etc etc. It is out of bounds at present as it'd waiting to be moved to new location to accomodate new storage shed (thanks to EYFunding)
I would say it has been one of the most versatile peices of equipment I have ever had in all the years I have been minding.:thumbsup:

georgie456
22-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I've just ordered a 6ftx5ft playhouse with a grant from our council. I am SO excited about all things I will do with it. DD is already planning the curtains she wants to make and we are going to have wooden window boxes and grow herbs in them!