PDA

View Full Version : Update on confusion with numbers

jellytots
22-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I've just spoken to Ofsted and not great to be honest!
So my certificate says I can have four kids only one for early years. The man on the phone said that includes my own child who's 15 months. This is crazy if that's the case then I can't have any other kid's in the day!!??

I explained on my inspection I had been told in additon to my 15 month old and 5 year old I could have 2 school age and 2 pre school.
He didn't sound like he knew what he was on about to be honest and he said he will send some forms out to me to increase numbers and get the inspector to call me. More time!!
Thought I'd reached the end of the road with my reg apparently not so it would seem!!

Any words of wisdom?

The Juggler
22-02-2010, 06:03 PM
ask to speak to your inspector hon. do you have her name? unless you live in an incredibly small house, I can't see why they wouldn't let you have at least the full 3 pre-schoolers.

Call them again.

Minstrel
22-02-2010, 06:09 PM
It does include your child in that she has already been accounted for when calculating your maximum numbers. However what is printed on your cert is the maximum mindees you can have at anyone time so you will be able to have a day time mindee.

singlewiththree
22-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Mine says 1 early years as well, I hadn't noticed so I have emailed ofsted and its been forwarded to the variation team?????

I would ask to speak to the named inspection. I got mine changed in Sept when my DD went to school as a rising 5 but it obviously hasn't been done!

sandy64
22-02-2010, 06:16 PM
is your daughter at full time school? when i had a new certificate sent it said i could mind 1 as i had a 2 and 5yr old so rang ofsted they told me you have to let them know when your child is 5 in fulltime education they sent me a new certificate straight away,it doesnt say your own child in your numbers on certificate so sounds like it may be same dont worry im sure it will be sorted soon.:) hopefully you should be able to have 2 under 5 and 2 over unless like someone mentioned your house size.

jellytots
23-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your help - so nice to always have this site to come to!
I got a call from my inspector and she clarified it's the wording that's confusing on my certificate to do with rising five and I can have two preschool and two school age pheww!!!
Panic over!!
Thanks again xx

The Juggler
23-02-2010, 07:15 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: glad it's all sorted.

sandy64
23-02-2010, 07:19 PM
thats good glad its sorted:)