PDA

View Full Version : Drop-in group was brilliant today!

Tatia
14-03-2008, 02:15 PM
We had a record number of parents and children attend this morning! It was really wonderful. Suddenly new faces started pouring through the door and it was from all word of mouth. Word on the street is that we put on a pretty good show! I am just so proud of it. I remember back to struggling with only 2 of us showing up, changing venues and holding it someone's lounge just to keep it going and then moving into our gorgeous new children's cenre just a few weeks ago. This group is my baby and I've tried so hard top provide a quality experience. Today, we painted egg cups and dyed hard boiled eggs.

I take everyone outside for the dying part and they just stand there looking at me. Finally someone said "what do we do?" I had to laugh and apologize cos I assumed everyone had dyed easter eggs before!:) That's me, being culturally insensitive.:rolleyes: :D So after a quick demonstration, they all dived in and the parents loved it as much as the kids. One mother said her LO was so excited she was shaking!

I feel just like a proud mother. Sorry to go on about it but I'm so excited!:clapping:

Blaze
14-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Well done you!:clapping:
Tasha:)

Pudding Girl
14-03-2008, 02:19 PM
That's lovely you had a great time, sounds like you really have put in lots of work.
Up here there are only a couple of very short toddler groups,really lacking in facilities for get togethers for mums here.

I was asked by someone at the community centre if I would start one up as I am allowed to as a Childminder, but I think I need time to settle into minding before I add to it.

How did you do about setting up?

sarah707
14-03-2008, 02:22 PM
you should feel proud! It's a wonderful achievement!

Congratulations! :clapping:

Polly2
14-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Brilliant for you well done

Tatia
14-03-2008, 02:25 PM
How did you do about setting up?

I pestered the staff once I heard that the children's centre was being built! No really, I was asked to take over a flagging group two years ago and it just died a death. We struggled to keep it going in someone's lounge and then once I heard about the new children's centre, I really did set about making a nuisance of myself to the staff to make sure we got a time slot. They couldn't have been nicer about it and have been so supportive. If you decide you want to start up a group, feel free to PM me with any questions. It can be hard work and in the beginning was a real pain, especially before we had our new home and I had to lug all the supplies back and forth in the rain! It is worth it in the end, though.

Annie_T
14-03-2008, 02:26 PM
well done hun .. its nice when it turns out all good.. or even better than you thought it would.. well done.

Michelle M
14-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Well done you, sounds like everyone had fun :)

Michelle x

miffy
14-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Sounds like all your hard work is paying off

You should be very proud of what you've achieved

Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

Teresa
14-03-2008, 06:49 PM
well done glad to hear all your hard work is paying off :clapping:

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Well done glad everyone enjoyed it

Angel xx

Twinkles
14-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Well done. it makes all the hard work worth it.

Pipsqueak
14-03-2008, 07:09 PM
That is really heartwarming.

Well done to you :clapping: :clapping:

Clever Clogs
14-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Well done!!

Tracey