PDA

View Full Version : what kind of storage units do you use?

newandlearning
22-02-2010, 01:18 PM
hi...

I really like the expedit units from Ikea but don't have room in lounge for this.. am wondering if you really like your unit if you could let me know where you got it from?

thanks a lotxxx

sweets
22-02-2010, 01:20 PM
i have the biggest expedit unit in the dining room end of my through lounge diner, its against the side wall and fits nicely, it hold sooo much too, i have my toys in wicker baskets and nice cardboard boxes as the room is used at weekends and i didn't want to sit in a 'playroom' full of plastic boxes!

huggableshelly
22-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I have 2 deep shelved book cases with moveable shelves allowing me to swap toys to different hieghts as and when needed

I also have the plastic stacked drawer units also from argos, 2 in each mymy kids rooms and one in the spare room with another in the lounge, the boxes get rotated often so mindees never know where to find anything and dont have time to get bored

go for what you can afford and upgrade at another time when able too.

estrelas
22-02-2010, 02:44 PM
ikea ones

And i have an under the stairs cuboard which is full to bursting
Really should sort it out :blush:

michellethegooner
24-02-2010, 01:21 AM
have the trofast ones from ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/10399/

and have the expedit book case with desk so used for kids books puzzles etc then have under stairs cupboard full :blush: still keep buying, slowly running out of space lol

emma04
24-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I have the trofast ones from ikea too. I think they're great and create a good amount of storage space. you can see them on my website : www.scribbleschildminding.moonfruit.com

xx

Dare4Distance
24-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I have the Trofast storage that is like stairs. I painted it completely with blackboard paint and it's pretty cool. I'm not childminding yet but my 3 year old nephew goes straight to it every time he's here and starts chalking all over it :)

Noodles
24-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I have a playroom and have a whole wall of expedit units from ikea. I have the large tv storage unit and then a 4x2 storage unit on either end. its fab as it gives loads of storage:) :)

terrydoo73
24-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I have Argos' system of 6 cubby holes which you have to put together yourself. I have 2 of these one on top of the other with the 12 boxes in them - I put little pictures on the outside of each box so children know what's in them and where to put things away. They do come with wheels so I have 2 others that I can move about from room to room - one has the 6 holes and the other has 4 holes. Great for when you just want a small choice in one room at a time which I do at certain points of the day. I have a playroom which is lockable but think if I had to do it again and there was an IKEA near me I might have bought ones with doors on them to make things less messy!

terrydoo73
24-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I have the trofast ones from ikea too. I think they're great and create a good amount of storage space. you can see them on my website : www.scribbleschildminding.moonfruit.com

xx

Just wanted to say how fab your room looks with the storage in it - so neat and tidy! How can you limit all your stuff to this much - my room is bulging! Also your website is absolutely brilliant.

miffy
24-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I have the trofast units too

Miffy xx

emma04
24-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to say how fab your room looks with the storage in it - so neat and tidy! How can you limit all your stuff to this much - my room is bulging! Also your website is absolutely brilliant.

APOLOGIES!!! I neglected to mention that those pics were taken 2 years ago just as i started minding!!!!! Since then the room is a sight more messy, with rather alot more toys, pushchairs, beanbags, bouncer chair, baby gym, ELC garage and cars, road mat, dressing up shoes........NEED I GO ON! :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks, re website. Didn't take long and only cost £23 per year to keep it running. Dead easy to do as well.

Carpet Monkeys
24-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I have the Trofast storage that is like stairs. I painted it completely with blackboard paint and it's pretty cool. I'm not childminding yet but my 3 year old nephew goes straight to it every time he's here and starts chalking all over it :)

That is such a good idea, may have to steal that if it's ok!

Winnie
24-02-2010, 10:12 PM
I have a huge white Expedit unit in the hall full of childminding bits & bobs, and in the playroom a large unit that locks for the paperwork (honest its like a room in itself :D ) and a big bookcase with baskets.

Heaven Scent
24-02-2010, 11:06 PM
OOOOOHHHH - gosh - I have Billy shelving from Ikea with some Montessori Materials laid out on the shelves, some toys in canvas boxes from Ikea, treasure baskets and books on plus I have an old school cupboard with doors on which has jugsaws and some games in that is in my dining room then through an arch in my Sun Room I have two of those stepped Trofast storage units one stacked upside down on the other. I've had to jig them about to make this work and they have to be screwed together to make them safe. My loft is crammed packed full of toys and paperwork I have some toys at the bottom of my larder cupboard where I keep all my dishes and art equipment in my kitchen and on racking in my garage. I keep spare cots and bedding in my spare room wardrobes (also there are some more toys in there too. I keep push chairs, prams high chairs, fireguards etc etc in the garage I also have tonnes of bikes and outdoor toys in sheds & wendy hse outside.

Does that help????:huh: :huh: :huh:

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 02:12 PM
OOOOOHHHH - gosh - I have Billy shelving from Ikea with some Montessori Materials laid out on the shelves, some toys in canvas boxes from Ikea, treasure baskets and books on plus I have an old school cupboard with doors on which has jugsaws and some games in that is in my dining room then through an arch in my Sun Room I have two of those stepped Trofast storage units one stacked upside down on the other. I've had to jig them about to make this work and they have to be screwed together to make them safe. My loft is crammed packed full of toys and paperwork I have some toys at the bottom of my larder cupboard where I keep all my dishes and art equipment in my kitchen and on racking in my garage. I keep spare cots and bedding in my spare room wardrobes (also there are some more toys in there too. I keep push chairs, prams high chairs, fireguards etc etc in the garage I also have tonnes of bikes and outdoor toys in sheds & wendy hse outside.

Does that help????:huh: :huh: :huh:

I wish i had the room for it all lol would love to have a layout like that