PDA

View Full Version : newletters

ss1983
22-02-2010, 11:42 AM
hi what do people put in there newletters? and do you do one each month/tpoic

happytotschildminding
22-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi - I do a monthly one and include things like any training I'm doing that month, any birthdays/leavers/starters, what we're planning to do that month - the potatoes for example, a nice photo (providing you have parental permission of course) of what you did last month and how it went, you could include information for parents such as play doh recipe, please remember warm clothing, ensure I've got correct mobile numbers etc I always seem to fill an A4 sheet on one side
Just a few ideas, I'm sure the clever people will be here shortly with loads more ideas!!!

Carol

ss1983
22-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi - I do a monthly one and include things like any training I'm doing that month, any birthdays/leavers/starters, what we're planning to do that month - the potatoes for example, a nice photo (providing you have parental permission of course) of what you did last month and how it went, you could include information for parents such as play doh recipe, please remember warm clothing, ensure I've got correct mobile numbers etc I always seem to fill an A4 sheet on one side
Just a few ideas, I'm sure the clever people will be here shortly with loads more ideas!!!

Carol

thankyou whats the potato thing

ss1983
22-02-2010, 12:27 PM
thankyou whats the potato thing

on newletters are you aloud to write names of other children starting

georgie456
22-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I do a quarterly newsletter (I am about to send out my Spring 2010 one) On mine I put what training I have or am due to go on, my planned topics for the next 3 months, any news I have, my current vacancies and dates for the diary. I do put the children's names on mine but the parents all know each othe anyway!

patevans
22-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I do a quarterly newsletter (I am about to send out my Spring 2010 one) On mine I put what training I have or am due to go on, my planned topics for the next 3 months, any news I have, my current vacancies and dates for the diary. I do put the children's names on mine but the parents all know each othe anyway!

I had to get written permission to do this!!

georgie456
22-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I had to get written permission to do this!!

Sorry I should have said I do have parental permissions for this!

happytotschildminding
22-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry, the "potatoes" are the free ones I got when I registered with the Potato Council - as well as seed potatoes, they sent out a photocopiable sheet for the parents /recipe/sheet with stickers to note what the weather was like while potatoes were growing etc. there are a few of us on the forum who have received them now (the pack is so much better than I expected too!)
Carol
Oh, and have written permission from parents re newsletter