PDA

View Full Version : What do u think

Fabby
21-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I am going be using my conservetory for a playroom. I now have a tumble dryer in there at the mo. I am going be getting a washer/dryer in the very near future (i dont have space in the kitchen for a washer and a dryer). How will this go down with ofsted and my pre-reg visit???

Cheers in advance for your advise x :)

Wendy Woo
21-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Im no expert but i think it will be ok if u get a lock for the door. I have one on my washin machine which is a biy of flexy rubber with 2 sticky ends. I have put one on the door and one on the machine and the flexy bit of rubber just pushes over the top of them.

Also in ur risk ass include checkin it is switched of and lock is on each morning!!

Dont c y it owuld be a prob as long as u have it in ur risk ass and the kids cant get in it!!!!!!!

Zoomie
21-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I am sure there is a bit in the EYFS that states that children shouldn't have access to laundry facilities :huh:

mushpea
22-02-2010, 06:54 AM
as long as the detergents are out of reach i dont see a problem with it, we all have a washing machine and my tumble dryer is in the dining room but i have taught them all not to touch it, my dishwasher is also in my dinning room as i have open plan but again they all no not to touch it.

jojane
22-02-2010, 10:27 AM
my washing machine and tumble drier are in my kitchen - kids will only be going in kitchen when supervised - meals and messy activities etc - would i still need a lock? my 2 children are 18 months and 3 and have never had a problem with either of these or the dishwasher

madredann
22-02-2010, 12:51 PM
my conservatory was not on my certificate because at time of inspection i was having an extension built and it was full of new things. Since my extension has been finished i wrote to ofsted for permission to put it back on i sent photos and ra i have a tumble drier and big chest freezer in there both have locks and they were ok with it conservatory is back on certificate now.

Fabby
22-02-2010, 05:33 PM
OK brilliant, thanks for the posts back! Well thats solved that one, a lock it is !!! Thanks girlies :thumbsup: :littleangel: