PDA

View Full Version : Prob's with own cm !....sorry its long ....

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Ok so somthing is bothering me at the mo.........

Although my cm is aware i am in the process of setting up and so far been unsupportive (not that i have asked for help or anything)

Its just i didnt exspect the reaction i got :( so far the response has been well i could not get permission for this and that and how come you have got permission etc etc .....strikes me as the sort of person that will be calling and complaining because iv got permission for somthing that they couldnt at the time they wanted it .......Also i feel like the cm feels like i would be competition ..........see further problems in the future to be honest !!

And it has come to the point where my own child is being quizzed about what i am doing when my child goes to cm's....i only told cm as i wanted to be honest !!!! ( Wish i handnt)

The trouble is all cm's where i live are full & have plenty of bussiness!!! the cm my child goes to had a few children leave only a cpl of weeks ago and my child is leaving soon ....due to my work hours are changing and i no longer need my child to be cared for .

seems like no one wants to use the cm ........what are your thoughts /opinions ?????

The Juggler
21-02-2010, 09:18 PM
sounds like she is just a bit 'sore' that your little one is leaving and your going to do the same job.

Maybe, if you've always got on well, ask her outright. Are you upset with me? I wouldn't worry too much hon. Once you are set up you could always offer to help her with advertising. Not yet though you don't want to diddle yourself out of business.

Good luck;)

jelly15
21-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I can understand her being worried if she is not filling the vacancies but she is not being very professional. The other cm in my village has been so helpful and most of my mindees have been passed on to me as she is always full (she has been minding for years and has a well deserved, excellent reputaion).

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I just feel ....cm is being funny about the whole thing !!

Ohwell you cant please everyone can you :)

I also am asking myself ( why is everyone else full and cm isnt ?)

Although my child says the love it there.
Thanku

sarah707
21-02-2010, 09:42 PM
It sounds like your childminder is a little worried about the competition.. I'd take it as a compliment! :D

Tups
21-02-2010, 09:54 PM
its not nice when your mindees are leaving you, you cant expect her to be over the moon about it,it is her job

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I dont exspect cm to be over the moon .....obviouslly ....if it where me i wouldnt be .....but i wouldnt be angry either

I know that in this bussiness things like this will happen .

However i do fell its unprofessional to quiz a mindee (my child) about parents bussiness plans .....i thought if anything cm would have asked me and not my child !!!

barbarella68
21-02-2010, 10:10 PM
How do you know she quizzed your child?
Did you ask them if she asked about it or did they just come out with it?

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:14 PM
My child is old enough to tell me things of this nature ...

and tonight had a text asking the same questions

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I have to say .....I never had any probs until i told cm i was thinking of becoming a cm myself

I am not saying she is a bad cm at all otherwise my child would not be going to the cm

however this is part of the reason (along with other reasons) i have decided to terminate the contract (with notice as anyone would)

Im not trying to offend anyone (just my point of view )

The Juggler
22-02-2010, 11:08 PM
just let it wash over you hon. i think it is a bit of the green eyed monster.

ORKSIE
23-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Seems to me that your CM is worried about the loss of earnings and poss jealous.

Hope it all works out:thumbsup:

Tina O
23-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Ok so somthing is bothering me at the mo.........

And it has come to the point where my own child is being quizzed about what i am doing when my child goes to cm's....i only told cm as i wanted to be honest !!!! ( Wish i handnt)

seems like no one wants to use the cm ........what are your thoughts /opinions ?????

How dare she question your child, (nosey :censored: !!) I would pick her up on this and tell her if she wnats to know something ask you!!
If she is questioning a child on your plans, what else is she asking mindees about..?????????????????????

angeldelight
23-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Maybe she is just worried because children are leaving and its leaving her with less income.This does not make her a bad childminder she might be just unlucky at the moment ?

Maybe she is just questioning your child in a nice way but its coming across wrong ?

Maybe she thinks you are going to take business away from her ?

Maybe she is a little jealous :laughing:

Whatever her reasons I would ignore her or just be honest with her and explain you are not trying to take business away from her etc and if she wants to ask you any questions then to feel free - maybe then she will stop pestering your child

Good luck with your registration

Angel xx

emma04
23-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Green eyed monster!......Don't worry about it, take it as a compliment and good luck! :clapping:

FizzysFriends
23-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I would leave it unless the kids are getting a grilling and then I would be questioning her, or asking her to stop doing this!

23-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I can relate Funfun....I have a CM that lives near me that is always asking me questions relating to my business. Don't get me wrong.....I mix with lots of other CMs and get on great with them but this particular CM is over the top nosey. I have also recently found out that she has been telling untruths about me which I have confronted her on :angry: . To be honest I just keep my distance these days and suggest you do the same......polite, friendly but at a distance :)

funfunfun
23-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I can relate Funfun....I have a CM that lives near me that is always asking me questions relating to my business. Don't get me wrong.....I mix with lots of other CMs and get on great with them but this particular CM is over the top nosey. I have also recently found out that she has been telling untruths about me which I have confronted her on :angry: . To be honest I just keep my distance these days and suggest you do the same......polite, friendly but at a distance :)

Handed notice in amyway as circumstances have changed and obvs doing this myself saving myself £200 a week in childcare !!!!! :) happy days