PDA

View Full Version : A few questions please

aly
14-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi

I've said my hello in the appropriate place but I have 1 or 2 q's please.

1) We are hoping to be extending our house soon but will that interfere in anyway with childminding?
I am not registered yet and I have my 1st briefing session on monday so I know I am a bit early in asking but I think its a good question to start.

2) apart from the CRB is their anything else my partner will need to do if/when Iam registered?

3) Do you get 'breaks' - if you were working as normal you would be entitled to breaks, so do you give yourself a break and what about pay [silly question that one i think]

4) Do any of you do any of your housework while you are 'minding'?? or do you leave it til evening weekend etc.

Sorry if i should be asking these in other places, but I still not found my way around yet. :blush:

x
aly

p.s This is a great site:clapping:

Banana
14-03-2008, 12:41 PM
As long as your partner is crb checked then thats he he needs to have done.

Breaks - you grab them when you can. TBH, its not like you are constantly non stop (some days you can be though) but most days I do get a chance to grab 5 minutes to have a cuppa/bite to eat.

Housework. You shouldnt be running around doing chores when they kids are there no, I will put my hands up to stuffing a load of washing in at some point, washing up gets done as we go along through the day, as does a quick hoover after a mess has been made on the floor. But as far a polishing, dusting, ironing, cleaning goes - its done at the weekend.

The extension will need a risk assesment while the work is in progress.... lots of minders have extensions carried out to there homes -you just need to make sure it is safe at all times

Hope that helps a bit

x

yummymummy
14-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Tip top advice from banana! Totally agree with all her comments.:) X

ruby
14-03-2008, 01:12 PM
yes we agree with banana but because there are two of us it does make taking a break easier etc.

cathy

aly
14-03-2008, 01:20 PM
thanks all

it was mainly the washing [clothes] really as if i leave them a day it soon piles up....
i guessed with hovering and cleaning on way is normal anyway.

the extension - i can't wait for it to be done/started.

thanks again

sarah707
14-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I do my washing - and I tell parents this. I also give carpets a quick sweep after lunch... the rest waits until children have gone home. :D

aly
14-03-2008, 01:43 PM
thanks sarah....

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Yes me too

I have to vacum

My god have you seen the mess 3 to 5 kids make at lunch time - I could not leave that

I get the kids to help too

I just fit things in when I can

Angel xx

allinatiz
14-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I do little things here and there, don't think Ofsted would be impressed with piles of food on my floor because we aren't allowed to do housework would they? ;)

I normally wash up/stack the dishwasher as I go along but sometimes I have plates/pans left on the side :eek: I do my washing too but not as often as I would if I wasn't minding and boy does it pile up!

ma7ie
14-03-2008, 02:06 PM
When I had my pre-reg inspection the Ofsted inspector suggested that children enjoy helping with the chores such as, sorting washing, sweeping, dusting, bleaching the toilet (only joking on the last one :laughing: )and it's all part of their learning, so if the kids are willing I give them a couple of dusters and set them to work.:laughing: :laughing:

Banana
14-03-2008, 02:09 PM
When I had my pre-reg inspection the Ofsted inspector suggested that children enjoy helping with the chores such as, sorting washing, sweeping, dusting, bleaching the toilet (only joking on the last one :laughing: )and it's all part of their learning, so if the kids are willing I give them a couple of dusters and set them to work.:laughing: :laughing:

I agree with that - have tried to intorduce little tasks such as cleaninig up the table and wiping it over after lunch, they normally say 'you do it'

but if you can get them to do it then its great!

x

ma7ie
14-03-2008, 02:11 PM
It might only last 2 minutes but it's a start :rolleyes:

allinatiz
14-03-2008, 02:11 PM
so if the kids are willing I give them a couple of dusters and set them to work.:laughing: :laughing:

Now, you see, mine just lick the windows clean :D

aly
14-03-2008, 02:48 PM
:laughing: you lot are funny

Chimps Childminding
14-03-2008, 03:39 PM
My mindees also love cleaning the windows - usually with a wipe (it leaves me a lovely mess - but they think they are helping - bless) :littleangel: :littleangel:

Pipsqueak
14-03-2008, 03:48 PM
With regards to the extension - as already said you have to carry out risk assessments etc and you need to inform OFSTED. I enclosed my initial RA and I got a letter back that all seemed in order, to carry on RA'g at intervals and to inform them when the extension is complete as they have to come out and check.....

You can also incorporate the works into a theme - builders/buidlings etc!!!

:D
I can't wait for my extension to be finished either (hopefully this side of the next millenium!! lol).

yummymummy
14-03-2008, 03:51 PM
My mindees also love cleaning the windows - usually with a wipe (it leaves me a lovely mess - but they think they are helping - bless) :littleangel: :littleangel:

Umm, my mindees enjoy licking the glass in my patio doors, yuck!:eek: