PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr Ofsted Messed up

twinkle3005
21-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I posted back in October telling you about a parent complaining to Ofsted with a false allegation about my setting. Well Ofsted came out on an unanounced visit and the inspector wasn't sure if she should issue an action or not so she did and said for me to write in :mad: . I appealed and the action was revoked.:clapping: Then the parent, who by the way owes me money for notice period and holiday fee's complained again because she wanted out of her contract. Ofsted visited again and no action was issued, however, they did put a comment on my report on their website which made it look like there was 2 complaints about me. :angry: I was furious and wrote a letter of complaint. I've recieved a letter saying it has been an error on the IT depts part and they are sorry it shouldn't have been put on the web site. Grrrrrrrr! I've written again asking that I be inspected again so I know there won't be any further mistakes made but they won't inspect on request. I'm seriously thinking of going to the Adudicator for Ofsted who is independant and will look into why all these mistakes have been made.

The situation with the parent owing money is my solicitor has now requested they pay within 14 days or they'll be issued with court papers. Will keep you updated!

The Juggler
21-02-2010, 10:47 AM
That's awful! sorry to hear that hon. Hope you get your money back.x

ajs
21-02-2010, 10:54 AM
go for it don't let ofsted get away with making mistakes
we get into enough trouble if we do and have to change our practice

good luck recovering the money, why do parents think it's ok to treat childminders like this

Lady Haha
21-02-2010, 11:37 AM
This is awful! For a start I believe that if a complaint is found to be false or there is no evidence to support it, then it should be removed from your report! For there to be two complaints showing when you have done nothing wrong is just wrong!

patevans
21-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I have 2 unfounded (sp) complaints on my report and these came from parents who left owing me money :rolleyes: the first one Ofsted wrote to me and I sent in as much evidence as possible and the second they turned up on the doorstep and I had given up minding so wouldnt let her in at first! Whilst she sat in my living room I went up into the loft and emptied it off all the paperwork and again it was unfounded and she said I should of never give up as she could see it was malicious (sp) and eveyrthing I had including references were fab!!

its so unfair that these are on our reports :angry:

jojane
21-02-2010, 02:11 PM
what was the allegation? just curious as to waht sorts of things parents will come up with