PDA

View Full Version : should i inform ofsted?

mushpea
21-02-2010, 10:31 AM
i know you have to inform them of major building works at your home but what about garden work
my partner is going to be digging up our lawn and laying block paving over the next couple of weeks, we dont use the garden at the moment anyway as its just far to muddy which is why we are paving it all, the children would not have any access to the garden as we can come in the house through a different door and all his tools would be stored in the shed which again the children cant access.
so should i inform ofsted or not , i personaly wouldnt call this major building works but am not sure ?

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:33 AM
i know you have to inform them of major building works at your home but what about garden work
my partner is going to be digging up our lawn and laying block paving over the next couple of weeks, we dont use the garden at the moment anyway as its just far to muddy which is why we are paving it all, the children would not have any access to the garden as we can come in the house through a different door and all his tools would be stored in the shed which again the children cant access.
so should i inform ofsted or not , i personaly wouldnt call this major building works but am not sure ?

I dont think (as you dont use the garden anyway at the moment) that you would need to tell them

Are you registered to use the garden ??

I would however do risk asses (just incase)

tashaleee
21-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I would just do a temporary risk assessment for now while the garden is out out use, then another risk assessment when it is back in use (to cover any changes from your current RA)

Chatterbox Childcare
21-02-2010, 11:37 AM
No I wouldn't inform them either - just the ra

patevans
21-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I just did risk assessments when I had my garden done!

sarah707
21-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I ask them to make notes on my file about anything that is happening.

I figure at least that way I am covered if someone rings them to complain :D

AliceK
21-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I had a massive tree felled in my garden a couple of months ago which took 2 days. I wrote a detailed RA for it. When Ofsted did my inspection she was very impressed that I had done this :clapping:

xxxxxx