PDA

View Full Version : :( now mindee less

whisper_1981
20-02-2010, 09:35 PM
ooooo what to do what to do..... just found out today that i have lost my first mindee due to her work falling though... she is contracted to give me 2 weeks notice b4 she gose (sorry prob not making much sence).... anyway y do i feel mean charging her the two weeks notice when i am not having her as her new job feel though..... dad still works

what would you do? :panic:

Fabby
20-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I think i would feel like u to be honest, but got be strong and stick to your guns. Its your business at the end of the day and you have got to earn a living

Zoomie
20-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Is mum likely to look for work again ?

If so, and I wanted mindee back, I would offer to let mindee go without notice as a gesture of goodwill.

But you also have to be able to afford that.

Notwithstanding, sorry to hear of mindee going :(

whisper_1981
20-02-2010, 09:53 PM
she is my only mindee at the mo seem to be struggling getting them at the moment, she is looking for another job but no idea as to when she is going to be able to get another job and there is no garentee even tho she said she would like to use me again when she dose manage to get another job

a weeks money is £122

chels55
20-02-2010, 09:55 PM
i would say that you normally require 4 weeks notice but gave them 2 weeks because u like them so much :D

whisper_1981
20-02-2010, 09:56 PM
i am still working on my price list and how i am doing things i have been reg since nov 09

claireLouise
21-02-2010, 03:43 PM
I know how you are feeling, mu only mindee is in her notice period - keep positive, join www.childcare.co.uk, get a Yell advert and put posters up locally and hope they get noticed. I also carry a bundle of busienss cards just in case.

Good luck finding new mindees.

caz3007
21-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I had a little boy who was with me for about 6 weeks and then mum lost her job, we agreed to keep his place open as long as no one else came along and she found another job and he has been back since xmas. It took about 2 months for him to come back, but hey he did and I get on well with the family

whisper_1981
21-02-2010, 06:14 PM
yeah .... she is looking for a another job and said about me having her again just dont seem to be much about ...

so am back go square one and gotta try and get some more children to look after just not having much luck .