PDA

View Full Version : How to create your own logo?

Carpet Monkeys
20-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm seriously thinking of having a website created and want to create a logo ... have any of you made your own logo? If so how did you do it? I'm all confused!

francinejayne
20-02-2010, 09:24 PM
my wonderful friend is in the process of doing mine! sorry - I've been no help at all!!

Tam's Tribe
20-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi

I just used some pictures and used a special childlike font for mine!!

Good Luck!

georgie456
21-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I have a logo and website but am a very lucky to have a graphic designer for a husband who does it all for me!

I know that there are sites that have copyright free images but don't know any names - sorry I've also been no help at all!

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 08:19 AM
I did my with wordart and clipart (he he ) log that is

Pauline
21-02-2010, 09:59 AM
You have to be very careful when taking images from the internet as most are copyright.

If you search for 'royalty free images' quite a few sites come up, but some you have to pay to use the image.

If using clip art on a website, such as Microsoft, you have to have a copyright notice that says who they belong to. Some often have details on their website on usage terms and conditions.

Some restrict usage to personal use only, not for business.

:)

misst104
21-02-2010, 10:07 AM
My sister-in-law drew mine up for me. Have you got any arty friends who could do one for you x

jo x

Carpet Monkeys
21-02-2010, 10:19 AM
misst104 - was that done on the pc? It's lovely! I think I'm going to ask around at work to see if anyone has any hidden talents .... alternatively being an avid scrapbooker, perhaps I could knock one up that way!

misst104
21-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi there, I think she did it on the pc yes but I can't remember the programmes she said she used. She is a graphic designer and artist so she did it really quickly. i am rubbish at anything like that :o

xxx

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:38 AM
You have to be very careful when taking images from the internet as most are copyright.

If you search for 'royalty free images' quite a few sites come up, but some you have to pay to use the image.

If using clip art on a website, such as Microsoft, you have to have a copyright notice that says who they belong to. Some often have details on their website on usage terms and conditions.

Some restrict usage to personal use only, not for business.

:)

I have used clip art....on paper work ?????

Do i need copyright notice for that .....and how do i obtain it ??

Pauline
21-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I have used clip art....on paper work ?????

Do i need copyright notice for that .....and how do i obtain it ??

Technically you should bu as you are only showing it to parents then I doubt anyone would catch up with you! But on the internet it is different :)

Tina O
21-02-2010, 12:19 PM
My 14yrs old designed my logo on word art and had a great time doing it!:clapping: :clapping:

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 12:42 PM
It's only simple !!!

I havnt used anything from the internet ( thank god ) !!!!

Thanks pauline

mama2three
21-02-2010, 02:48 PM
i have a photo that i found on the internet , its quite likely to be copyrighted then. whoops :blush: - its only on my paperwork and my avatar on here though as i havent done my website yet. think i will just make my own version by taking a similar photo of ds - easy enough to do and covers my back.

Carpet Monkeys
21-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I've put a request for help on my facebook page, and a friend of DH's knows someone who maybe able to help me ..... ah things are looking up!