PDA

View Full Version : Two questions......

crazybones
14-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Now I have got the dreaded inspection out of the way :phew: I am getting myself into gear and have started a website. :eek: My question regarding this is photographs.... If I get permission from parents to put photos of their children on the website is this ok ie not breaking any data protection rules? Do any of you have websites with other people's children on?

My second question is, I have just downloaded a vacancy advertising form from the Bromley site and it has the NCMA and Ofsted logo's on it. Are we allowed to use them on our own advertising?

Sorry if this is long winded.

sarah707
14-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Now I have got the dreaded inspection out of the way :phew: I am getting myself into gear and have started a website. :eek: My question regarding this is photographs.... If I get permission from parents to put photos of their children on the website is this ok ie not breaking any data protection rules? Do any of you have websites with other people's children on?

I don't use photos on mine... too risky! I would ask by calling the Data Protection people. I think this is the number for their Notification Helpline - 01625 545740.

My second question is, I have just downloaded a vacancy advertising form from the Bromley site and it has the NCMA and Ofsted logo's on it. Are we allowed to use them on our own advertising?

I am sure you are not allowed to use Ofsted logo on a website... not sure about NCMA... maybe somebody else will know (I'm a MM customer!

Sorry if this is long winded.

Hope this helps! :D

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I use pictures on mine and it is allowed if parents give permission

Pauline did put a link on here the other day that is easy to use about Data protection I will see if I can find it

You are NOT allowed to use the Ofsted or NCMA logo

Angel xx

ma7ie
14-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the NCMA has a "Member of the NCMA" logo that you can use on stationary if you are a member but you still have to write to them for permission. I don't know if you can use it on websites though. I would e-mail them. :D

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 01:55 PM
That is correct Marie

I did call them before I had my website to ask if the logo could be used and they said no

Angel xx

crazybones
14-03-2008, 04:01 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you for your advice.

Annie_T
14-03-2008, 04:47 PM
not minding yet but i am building a site for when do i have bot used pic of kids.. i googled pics (cartoon ones etc) hehe
i have a pic of myself on my about me page which looks good (nicked idea from another site ops:) )

as long as u get parents permission for you using kids pics i cant see harm.

i think you have foen them and ask bout using them, tho i have links to their sites on my link page.

miffy
14-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree with the advice already given

Let us know when your website is up and running

Miffy xx

crazybones
14-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree with the advice already given

Let us know when your website is up and running

Miffy xx

:laughing: How long have you got you may be waiting a while. I am a bit thick with this sort of thing. :laughing:

angeldelight
14-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Why not ask Pauline to do you one ? They are not expensive and a few of us have one done by Pauline

Angel xx

Angela234
14-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Pauline done mine very cheap i have photos on mine but not of the children (my choice)

Angela

jumpinjen
14-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Sorry to veer off course slightly but what is the bromley site??

back on track, I have just refused permission for photos of my two to be used by a health authority on leaflets and advertising.... reason being is that they were starkers (couldn't see any rude bits) and the consent form said they could use them anyhow and put them on websites and with the world the way it is, that bit made me feel a tad uneasy so i said no.

It was a photographer who asked me, she had done photos for me, with the two together and must have been approached to supply baby and children photos to the NHS.

Just a different side to the debate maybe?

jenni x

deeb66
14-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry to veer off course slightly but what is the bromley site??

jenni x

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

Really good and useful site.

Banana
14-03-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

there you go Jenni

x

Banana
14-03-2008, 07:47 PM
snap dee

xx