PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with my numbers.

jellytots
20-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi All,
I've just collected my certificate and I'm really worried - it says on there I can have four children under eight only one of those in the early years.
I have a 15 month daughter and a five year old son. Does the only one mean my daughter?? Surely this can't be right?
When the offsted lady came out I was told in additrion to my kids I could have two pre school and two school age. I've already got my kids in place based on what I was told.
Please help!!!

Pauline
20-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi All,
I've just collected my certificate and I'm really worried - it says on there I can have four children under eight only one of those in the early years.
I have a 15 month daughter and a five year old son. Does the only one mean my daughter?? Surely this can't be right?
When the offsted lady came out I was told in additrion to my kids I could have two pre school and two school age. I've already got my kids in place based on what I was told.
Please help!!!

Your certificate is for the number of mindees you can have, it does not include your own children. So you are ok :thumbsup:

The Juggler
20-02-2010, 12:11 PM
if your son is already 5 then you should be able to have 2 in early years? I would ring them - they look like they've got it wrong.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Certificate is wrong and you need to have it changed so that you can have 2 in the early years age group as your son is not counted.

singlewiththree
20-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Hello,

1. Is it a joint or individual certificate?

2. your own children aren't included in the certficate.

3. It means you can have 1 child in the EY group

4. Your 5 year old is in rising 5's. Do you have the following statement or similar on your certificate?

"When caring for 4 and 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age range by the number of children in full time education providing the maximum number is not exceeded"

Hi All,
Please help!!!

singlewiththree
20-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I've just checked my certificate and it says 1 in EY group too from when I asked my DD to be moved into rising 5's. I'm going to have to call them to get 2 in the EY group as well.