PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

beccas
20-02-2010, 10:43 AM
hi i am organising chatterbox challenge at my network got everything ready but struggling for snacks, its mini beasts and gardens theme.
i have got cutters for toast
flower crisps (skips)
thats it.......

also songs got 4
incy wincy
2 little dickie birds
mary mary quite contray
theres a worm at the bottom of the garden

any more my mind gone blank

mama2three
20-02-2010, 11:06 AM
snails - cut bread into strips and spread with cream cheese then roll them up and use either more bread or a grape for the face.

have you got time to grow some cress? then they can snip it and sprinkle it on their sandwiches ( or whatever!)

noodle worms?

butterfly sandwiches - cut triangle sandwiches , put a piece of celery or breadstick to make body the put sandwich either side with the point facing inwards.

ants in your pants - cut bread or pitta into pant shape. spread with cream cheese , houmous or peanut butter ( or any other spread they will eat! ) then sprinkle raisins on the top.

how about an uglybug ball for the music / dance part of your session? or there are other songs on dtlk here http://www.dltk-kids.com/Crafts/insects/songs.htm

beccas
20-02-2010, 01:03 PM
thanks for that

funfunfun
20-02-2010, 01:05 PM
i love the snail idea and the worms :) !!!! xx

miffy
20-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Butterfly - half kiwi slices, strawberry halves or orange segments for the wings; half a green or red grape or cherry tomato for the body; thin strips of carrot or cucumber for the antennae

Caterpillar - slices of carrot and cucumber for the body (alternate); half a green or red grape or cherry tomato for the head; thin strips of carrot or cucumber for the antennae

Bee - pineapple and red grape slices for the body (alternating); half a red grape for the head; half apple slice for each wing; thin strip of red grape as stinger

Kiwi spider - half a kiwi, cut side down for body; liquorice for legs; raisins for eyes (stick on with a blob of cream cheese)

Bugs on a log - celery stick for log; fill with soft cheese; raisins and sultanas for ants or tomato and red pepper bits for ladybirds.

HTH's

Miffy xx

Polly2
20-02-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Frogs-in-the-lily-pond

These look cool - but I don't know where you would get the chocolate frogs from