PDA

View Full Version : can you take children

Blackhorse
19-02-2010, 08:58 PM
to a food factory? obviously with parental permission?

I am trying to organise a trip and I am not sure if that would be ok or if it would be seen as bad as you work together with a branded product and I dont want to be ''advertising''....iyswim

but one mindee went with school to a pizza place to make their own pizzas...so I think it is ok...just wondered what you think about it?

I would like them to see how things are produced in a factory...when I was little our school took us to a chocolate factory and we all loved it!!

FizzysFriends
19-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I would take them (risk assessed of course). We went to a pizza place and made pizzas and we went to Mcdonalds and served and it was really good!

Blackhorse
19-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I would take them (risk assessed of course). We went to a pizza place and made pizzas and we went to Mcdonalds and served and it was really good!

do you just email Mcdonalds and they let you come in? that could be fun too? do you have to pay for it??

thanks

miffy
19-02-2010, 09:16 PM
As long as parents agree and you risk assess it then I can't see why not.

Schools take children on trips like this so why shouldn't we?

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
19-02-2010, 09:24 PM
you are right Miffy
and I do take them on trips...just wasnt sure it was ok to take them to places where it could be seen as advertising...
or somewhere where you get unhealthy food as we always need to make sure they have healthy stuff...(and yes they do get treats in my house...) I think I am just about paranoid about possible insepction(1st) at some point soon...