PDA

View Full Version : Development info from parents

snufflepuff
19-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Im just putting my paperwork together, and i wanted to have something for parents to fill in when their child starts where they can tell me about their development- what stage they are at etc. Id then put it in the front of their learning journeys so i have a starting point for planning, and can review it. Hope this makes sense- does anyone else do this sort of thing?

Anyway, im not sure what to put on it- im thinking of typing up the bullet points under the heading 'development matters' in the 'areas of learning and development' at the back of the EYFS practice guidance (i know it will take a long time but id only have to do it once, and id just give parents the relevant parts rather than the whole lot in one go) Do you think this will be ok?

Apologies if this is a silly question, im just getting nervous because my first child is starting soon!

singlewiththree
19-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I haven't done that as I didn't want the parents to feel I was testing the child. I just had an "about me" sheet which the parents filled in with the child's likes and dislikes.

Then I did my own starting points observations linking them to the EYFS which went in the front of their learning journey.

dobby
19-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I have just started to use the learning journey sheets from west sussex - they have an editable copy you can download which I have done, personalised to my setting, and I use the first section to send to parents to complete prior to child starting - 2 parents have done so far and they really liked doing them, even put photo on front page :)

link is here http://wsgfl.westsussex.gov.uk/ccm/cms-service/stream/asset/?asset_id=2780658&file=/Learning%20Journal%20-%20adaptable.doc

snufflepuff
19-02-2010, 04:11 PM
thank you, i really like that!

monkey62
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I loved. I already printed out and is ready for my next mindee. Thank you for sharing

caz3007
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Luckily I live in West Sussex so we get given them. I have photocopied the first few pages for a mum to complete, then thought would add them in to his file, but she forgot to take them.....good start. Still I will see her at school tomorrow, I wont let her get away with it. :laughing: