PDA

View Full Version : Oh Damn!

Pudding Girl
19-02-2010, 08:41 AM
I've forgotten to do my annual return and now it's closed online.... what to do???

little chickee
19-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I too have forgotton to do my annual return and i'm just going to forget about it.

I didnt do it last year either and even though they say it can effect your grading on your next inspection it made no difference - I went from 3 4's & 1 5 to 2 5's & 2 6's!

huggableshelly
19-02-2010, 10:22 AM
annual return as tax?

I wasnt aware that it effected your Ofsted grading

one thing you could do is call the tax office, tell them you sent a paper copy in and have not recieved a letter of confirmation yet, please could they advise you over the phone as to how long it may take for them to write back to you. Ofcourse they will state that they have not recieved it so blag it, give them a date of when you sent it in (paper copies should have been done by Sept 2009 not sure of the date).

as far as I know you will ahve to pay £100 fine but if you can blag it well enough it may be waivered.

sarah707
19-02-2010, 11:20 AM
annual return as tax?

I wasnt aware that it effected your Ofsted grading

one thing you could do is call the tax office, tell them you sent a paper copy in and have not recieved a letter of confirmation yet, please could they advise you over the phone as to how long it may take for them to write back to you. Ofcourse they will state that they have not recieved it so blag it, give them a date of when you sent it in (paper copies should have been done by Sept 2009 not sure of the date).

as far as I know you will ahve to pay £100 fine but if you can blag it well enough it may be waivered.

It's Scotland Shelley don't panic!! :laughing:

From what I've read PG you need to ring them and explain :D

huggableshelly
19-02-2010, 11:21 AM
LOL ignore my previous post ...

off to find a brick to chew on now

Alibali
19-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Oops! You have 2 options, 1- phone them and apologise and ask for a paper copy, or 2 - say nothing and hope they don't notice:eek:

I'd personally own up!

Pudding Girl
19-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Have emailed in :blush:

Curly Quavers
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I phoned to say sorry and she noted my phone call on my file.

I hope I'm not in to much trouble come inspection time. I think as with everything it depends on your CCO and if they are bothered or not.

Pudding Girl
16-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I got a snotty email off CC saying it was closed and that was that.
Nice.

Alibali
16-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I got a snotty email off CC saying it was closed and that was that.
Nice.

Nice!! Ah well, at least they can't say you didn't try.