PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what goes through some parents minds......

MissTinkerbell
19-02-2010, 08:40 AM
It snowed all yesterday afternoon and by 7pm we had a very decent covering.

I txt my parents to say that if we still had a decent covering in the morning could they please dress their children in suitable clothing and ensure that they sent a couple of changes of clothes plus hats, scarves and gloves because we WOULD be going out to play in the snow?

All parents txt back and said 'OK'.

My little 4 year old mindee arrives this morning in thin tights and a T-Shirt dress, a thin raincoat and no hat, scarf or gloves:angry: Did I send my txt in a foreing language?

Luckily she is the same size as my own little girl so I can change her into some of her clothes and we have plenty of hats and stuff although the coat is going to be a bit tricky.

My 2 year old arrived in snowsuit and welly boots with 3 changes of clothes!!!!!

sarak31
19-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Parents are funny sometimes! I got fed up of this happening - children turning up in summer dresses when it was pouring with rain so they all have a box here with a complete change of clothes appropriate for the season and hats, gloves etc so I can change them if I need to - I ask parents to provide on joining.

cuffleygirl
19-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Sounds like laziness - who is going to wash and dry your daughters clothes - bet it won't be mindee's parents! So annoying and rude of them:angry:

georgie456
19-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I had this last week. One mindee turned up without a coat!

What made me laugh was when mum dropped him off she was all wrapped up with a coat and scarf and mindee had a long sleeved t-shirt on (they come in a car!)

I asked where his coat was and she looked blank then said "oh I forgot it!". So she had got herself wrapped up nicely and forgot about him!!!!!

I told her the only spare I had was my daughters pink coat and that he would have to just wear that on the school run. Her face was a picture and funnily enough she hasn't forgotten it again! (by the way I did find him a better coat in the end!)

19-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I had that with the snow with my 8 year old mindee. I didn't want my own kids missing out on playing in the snow so he had to come out in it. He ended up in tears cause he was so cold and I felt really cruel so we came indoors. I was furious with the mum :angry:

MissTinkerbell
19-02-2010, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't have minded but I specifically asked last night.... so its not as though she 'forgot'

FizzysFriends
19-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Don't get me started on this subject :angry:

Monday they were told we would be going a walk and it will be muddy, 2 turned up in their school shoes on and 2 in ballet pumps. 2 in sensible shoes.

One is always wearing 'fashion' clothes rather than practical and cries a lot because she is cold.

All parents come to drop off and collect it coats, scarves, gloves etc :angry:

estrelas
19-02-2010, 09:39 AM
:laughing:
I have this with one girl, in the holiday she always comes dressed for a party.
Told her mum time and time again

Yesterday she came all in pink, fairy shoes etc ( shes 5 btw)
So i continued with plans we all went to the nature reserve and got muddy
Got home bagged her clothes, dressed her in my daughters jeans that are far to big
Today she came in wellies and a tracksuit :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I used to have one little one that would turn up and you would think she was going to a party and everytime I would drop little hints but it never worked I gave up in the end. Luckily she only came one day a week.

dlissaman
19-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Some parents. I had one mum who brought her two year old in the car every morning not wearing his coat or shoes. She threw the shoes into the hallway and hung his coat onto his peg in my porch.

One morning he arrived crying, she handed him to me and he was freezing. I told her so and she said 'i am not surprized he has had to sit in the car for 20 minutes while i scrapped the ice off the car and then it would not start.

One day she plonked him down and i thought she was hesitant, so, my alarm bells rang and i noticed, no coat, I asked where his coat was and she had forgotton it, I said 'well we have toddler group this morning and they have outside play so you will have to go home and fetch it'.

She was not happy about being made late for work but, guess what, he has arrived wearing his coat ever since.

michellethegooner
19-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I have had a parent a few wks ago (when it was snowing) that brought her 18mth old in just tracksuit bottoms, socks and a vest top :angry: with the lightest jacket ever, had to dig out some decent clothes that I purchased in charity shop while back just incase, just as well really

haribo
19-02-2010, 10:21 AM
i bought a selection of warm hats and scarves to keep as spares - one parent i meet at school and as lo is wearing these she goes home in them and do they come back :panic: i finally ran out last week and had to take her out in the freezing cold without a hat :angry: i just said we havent got any hats left think they are all at yours .. will be glad when its summer -mind you will just happen all over again with sun hats :laughing:

Tina O
19-02-2010, 10:41 AM
just to say........

I have had the other end of the discussion, a parent who would turn up with clothes for all occassions and a list of what to wear when doing what ..."if painting put this top on, if out that one" etc etc...... in the end I had to sit and have a talk with her, it turned out she was so guilty of leaving her little girl she was trying to keep control.... when we discussed it, she agreed to leave a couple of changes of clothes with me and dressed her little one in practical, older clothes that didn't mind if they got a bit messy, as long as I made sure she was clean and tidy if we went out.......

Parents are a funny breed you know....... :laughing: :laughing:

caz3007
19-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a little boy who comes to me without a coat too, grandma picked him up once and I made a big thing about how I had to wrap him up in a blanket for the school run....he did bring a coat after that.

Trouble is, his clothes always look imaculate, mum is young and says she only dresses him in Next stuff cos otherwise her friends comment. Now I really want him in Tesco Saver stuff so he can get dirty without me feeling bad, especially with the warmer weather coming (hopefully) so we can get outside and get messy. I have now trained her to bring his wellies each time as he always has canvas shoes on whatever the weather and no good for the park etc

Tina O
19-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I have a little boy who comes to me without a coat too, grandma picked him up once and I made a big thing about how I had to wrap him up in a blanket for the school run....he did bring a coat after that.

Trouble is, his clothes always look imaculate, mum is young and says she only dresses him in Next stuff cos otherwise her friends comment. Now I really want him in Tesco Saver stuff so he can get dirty without me feeling bad, especially with the warmer weather coming (hopefully) so we can get outside and get messy. I have now trained her to bring his wellies each time as he always has canvas shoes on whatever the weather and no good for the park etc

I have it in my policies, in activities section, requesting mindees come in older clothes as we may get messy, and asking for weather appropriate clothing, and they all sign to say I have read my policies so if they complain mindees are dirty I ref them back to policies:thumbsup: !!!!!

MissTinkerbell
19-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I have it in my policies, in activities section, requesting mindees come in older clothes as we may get messy, and asking for weather appropriate clothing, and they all sign to say I have read my policies so if they complain mindees are dirty I ref them back to policies:thumbsup: !!!!!

I put this in my newsletter EVERY month, its in their contracts and I remind them beforehand if we need anything specific clothing wise.

Well went outside and didn't bother to change her - I have enough washing as it is with 3 children. Her tights are now drying on the radiator - NOT putting her in any of my daughter's clothes as she is off straight to her dad's this afternoon and I'll never see sight nor sound of them ever again - the house is warm so I can see no harm in her running around with no tights on whilst they dry. She borrowed hat, scarf and gloves so all was fine. Luckily she keeps a set of wellies here - I insist on that when they start.

Think I will be making a big point of asking parents to send in some spare clothes during holiday times in my next newsletter. My full time mindee is OK as I have a set of rainy weather stuff; a set of cold weather stuff and his sunhat is even still in the bag!!!

Desi-101
19-02-2010, 11:40 PM
I think some working parents forget that kids play, get messy and have fun outdoors too in the wet!! its a shame :) My elderly neighbour commented last summer at my son..barefoot, muddy and getting right royal dirty and how lovely it was to watch him.... as most kids nowadays their mums are too fussy and don't want them to play properly incase their clothes get damaged! :jump for joy:

Probey9
20-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Parents just don't think sometimes. One of my parents brings her child by car and seems to forget that we have to do a school run, in the end I asked for a spare coat to be left here. Luckily I have plenty of spare hats and gloves of many different sizes because thats something else they don't seem to think of! I have started to ask for spare clothes and wellies to be brought at the beginning of the week which we be returned to them at the end of the week, that seems to be working.