PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Inspections

Tired
19-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I had a cold call yesterday from someone wanting to PAT test my electrical items.
I told them that as a residential property I was not subject to those regulations.

But I made that up, just to get them to go away, and now I am wondering if we do have to have electrical items safety tested?

Does anyone know?

MissTinkerbell
19-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Sorry can't help but we have them done annually as we are in married quarters and they have to do them along with the gas safety check on an annual basis. Ours was done on Wednesday for this year.

FizzysFriends
19-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't we do, I am certainly not getting mine tested.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I have had this call about 4 times they just will not leave me alone, I keep telling them I work from home and that we do not need it but they kept saying I do. I got very cross with them last time and they haven't phoned back yet, I am the only childminder in the area that seems to be getting the call don't know why they are picking on me.

Adiamond
19-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I had this call yesterday too, this isn't the 1st time they have called so I let them tell me all about it(makes me feel better when I do this lol) then I said I don't need it and I am NOT interested in spending my hard earned money on something I do not need!!!!! x x x

sarah707
19-02-2010, 11:22 AM
July 2007 myth of the month :D

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/july.htm

MissTinkerbell
19-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Just spoken to my son's godfather - he's an electrician and has said that residential properties do not have to have their electrics checked annually unless they are rented and then its the landlords responsibility to sort this out - hence why we have ours done.

specks4
19-02-2010, 11:53 AM
i know when i have to call british gas out for whatever reason they check our electrics for us but never had anyone knocking and asking.

Daisy1956
19-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I had mine checked but only because we had an extension built and it was part of the building regs for that.I am not paying to have it done again.Try telephone preferance that should stop the calls if not ask where they got you number.

Tired
19-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Sarah, that puts my mind at ease.

I was not thinking about the house itself, but things in it, like kettles, tvs etc.

Looks like I don't need it so I wont bother.