PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Hebs
18-02-2010, 07:39 PM
please,

i have 2 boys who's mum is at college, and they pay her childcare.

She has asked me what happens during the summer as they dont pay a retainer, and it works out at 3 months childcare (end of may to end of august) and as she wants me to continue to care for the kids will the stundent loans place pay a retainer??

HELP i dont want to loose the boys :panic:

helenlc
18-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I dont know tbh. I know when my friend had a LO and was paid by Care to Learn, they paid every holiday except the summer one. But she was only on a one year course.

If Mum is on a 2 yr course, you would think they would pay a retainer to keep the childrens spaces for the following year after the summer break.

But I guess they look at it that its a long time to pay for "nothing" as it were if the children are not actually needing/using child care.

Tina O
18-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry have no idea of how systems work in UK as I'm not there......hope you can sort it xx

cher25
18-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh no! Tell her to ring them and ask or go and see someone at college about it.
Hope she manages to sort it! The boy's are great.

Hebs
18-02-2010, 07:49 PM
If Mum is on a 2 yr course, you would think they would pay a retainer to keep the childrens spaces for the following year after the summer break.

it's a 3 year course, and next year is her final year.

:panic:

LisaMcNally09
18-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I think what would have been an idea is to factor the fees for holidays at the start, dividing the total years care with the retainer included and divided it by number of weeks of term time. I know that doesnt help now but it could be an option for next year.

Sorry im not much help

Merry-Minder
18-02-2010, 07:54 PM
What did she do last summer holiday then?

Hebs
18-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I think what would have been an idea is to factor the fees for holidays at the start, dividing the total years care with the retainer included and divided it by number of weeks of term time. I know that doesnt help now but it could be an option for next year.

Sorry im not much help

thats just what we are saying :thumbsup: and if they wont pay inc the payment in next years fee's :D

Hebs
18-02-2010, 07:56 PM
What did she do last summer holiday then?

she didnt have a minder as the lo had just had an operation and pulled the kids out of the minder they had at the time as the boys didnt like it

mama2three
18-02-2010, 08:33 PM
i put my rates up for my college mum to reflect the fact that i wouldnt get a retainer - then when the paperwork came through it said they would pay half fee retainer so i did really well out of it! Only a 1 year course though and they finish in may. from september she is hoping to start her nursing - but they havent even got interview dates yet!

manjay
18-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I have a mum who is in her final year of uni. Every other year she has been entitled to claim half retainer for the hols. As she will finish at the beginning of July I have charged a higher rate this year to cover the fact that I will not get my retainer through the summer hols.