PDA

View Full Version : is your pogo a go-go?

newandlearning
18-02-2010, 06:20 PM
hi everyone...

am still really interested in getting a pogo printer like so many of ya already have and am wondering..

are you happy with yours? do you think its cheaper in the long run than doing prints etc?

is your pogo a go-go or a no-no? :)

miss mopple
18-02-2010, 06:21 PM
A go go :clapping: Have had afew probs with lines but think I have sorted it now and love it :D

funfunfun
18-02-2010, 06:23 PM
waiting for my cable to arrive had to buy one for my camera to connect it ......as my pfone isnt compatible

Mrs Book
18-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't have a pogo but did find out last night that my new photo printer I had for christmas is the same sort of thing.

Not exactly sure what the pogo does, but the Cannon one I have is expensive to run. It only prints a certain number of photos off the ink cartridge & you can only buy the packs of papper & ink and it exact to number of photos to be printed.

I'd say they are expensive to run. Well mine is.

Leannetrim
18-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I got 30 sheets of paper for about £4.50 from amazon, the printer itself doesn't require any ink cartiridges so in all I find it cheaper and alot easier than using my printer on my computer.

defo a go-go for me :thumbsup:

patevans
18-02-2010, 06:36 PM
the only thing I dislike about it is the price of the paper :(

The rest is fab :clapping:

TheBTeam
18-02-2010, 06:36 PM
It isn't as cheap as me using my printer and copy cartridges, but it is so much less hassle to do and is making me think about and do them quicker!

It is also not as cheap as the online printing, but cant be doing with waiting!

I like the convenience, think by buying 2x70sheets it worked out around 14p ish a print, hopefully this will come down in price when them and the technology catch on!

zillervalley
18-02-2010, 07:04 PM
not sure how these work:blush:

do you have to have a cetain phone, camera conection

ziller

Pudding Girl
18-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm waiting for mine to be delievered but already know it'll be a gogo lol as it' just the convenience of having it there and then and not needing to sit and upload loads of things and wait for photobox to send them, it's instant, we can be out and take a photo and print it when we come back while it's fresh in their minds, kids like instant!! And thinking it'll be a huge gogo from parents whose diaries will now be jazzed up with funky pics of their day :)

PixiePetal
18-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't have a pogo but did find out last night that my new photo printer I had for christmas is the same sort of thing.

Not exactly sure what the pogo does, but the Cannon one I have is expensive to run. It only prints a certain number of photos off the ink cartridge & you can only buy the packs of papper & ink and it exact to number of photos to be printed.

I'd say they are expensive to run. Well mine is.

I have a Canon Selpy CP740 printer. Is yours one like that?

I can print small pics on one piece of paper - usually do 4 for obs.

Just bought more paper/ink cartridges from amazon £29.99 for 108 sheets. So I can print up to 108 sheets with 4 on each = 432 small pics.

I think that's not bad. Also I can choose to print them at normal size or even 8 to a sheet:thumbsup:

ajs
18-02-2010, 07:39 PM
there may be something wrong with mine as the battery has died after being charged all night and i only printed 4 or 5 pics so i am going to charge it again and if tomorrow it is the same i will contact amazon and ask them to send me a new battery

katickles
18-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm really pleased with mine - I have printed loads of things today, updating things & of course pics for daily diary.

Mindee's mum commented that she is really loving all the extra pics as she feels she's not missing out as much. I have been adding a pic each day at the mo, so that was nice for her to say.

I will still use photobox for pics, like ones I put in the learning journal, or when we've been on a day trip I can still get bigger, clearer pics.

But for me a definate gogo:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

helenlc
18-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Mine's a go go!!!

I put a pic in LOs diary today to show him baking cakes - it just adds another dimension to the diary and working in partnership with parents etc.

Also, it's my other LOs mums b'day today and we have done loads of crafts - painting on canvas, making cakes, painting a trinket box - so I took photos of her doing each. Then I printed them on my Pogo and put them on a piece of card that said For your birthday Mummy, I made ........... then listed what we did with a photo to match. Then laminated it - it looked great even if I do say so myself!!!:blush:

For pictures to go in my scrap book, portfolio etc I will still use Asda to get my 6 x 4 ones done but for quick obs, diaries and crafts etc this is great!!!

Monkey1
18-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Love mine x x x

Gizmo
18-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Mine is a definate go-go really think its great, I do a weekly diary with pics for my obs and just print the page on normal paper it does look ok but now its going to be amazing, I printed off pics to give to parents on Tuesday and they were so impressed, I have a drawer each for their spare clothes and nappies and that now has their picture on it too :laughing:

dlissaman
18-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes I absolutely love mine.

I used my pogo properly this morning. I took 4 under 3's to the library. (I have a variation). Took the snaps on my camera, which felt less pretentious than pulling out a camera. They have printed out brilliantly and i have put a little picture into the diary of the 10 month old to put mums mind at rest because she (mum) is suffering from seperation anxiety.

Also with the three year olds we were able to look at todays snaps, one of which included stopping to watch a digger make a hole in the road, and talk about where we had been what we had done and how we felt. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

TheBTeam
18-02-2010, 10:46 PM
there may be something wrong with mine as the battery has died after being charged all night and i only printed 4 or 5 pics so i am going to charge it again and if tomorrow it is the same i will contact amazon and ask them to send me a new battery

Same here, i have printed 22 pictures and it has been charged three times and i did some of them with it plugged in!

SandCastles
18-02-2010, 11:05 PM

This is happening to mine aswell (misco) I have to leave it plugged in if I want to do more than 6 copies. May have to ask for a new battery aswell.

Still a gogo - parents love it and it is making their learning diaries look more personalised.

mushpea
19-02-2010, 06:55 AM
i got mine this week and printed a pic of from my phone, quality not bad , just waiting for the usb lead for my camera to come.
I sort of mixed about the size of them though, they would be handy for sticking in daily diarys but i only do these if mum requests or if in know i have a parent who will read it!
as for obs they are great, i tend to take the pic, print it off put it in their folder with a little description and links to the areas of learning, i used to do this with full size photos but these are better as i can put more on a page.

miss mopple
19-02-2010, 07:04 AM
I did some research into the battery life and apparently they average about 12 prints per full charge. Mine lives plugged in on a table in the corner of the lounge so it isnt a problem

solly
19-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I love mine and use it all the time for my obs and put the photos in a scrap book i find i can get more on a page than if i put in normal size photos do definately a gogo for me:clapping:

tammys-tots
19-02-2010, 12:37 PM
A go go :clapping: Have had afew probs with lines but think I have sorted it now and love it :D

hi, how did you sort it? im having a few lines in mine
thanks tammy

christine e
19-02-2010, 02:17 PM
hi, how did you sort it? im having a few lines in mine
thanks tammy

Hi Tammy

From what I have read on here and on Amazon you need to run the blue paper through a few times to clear the problem.

Cx

Paws
19-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Mine is definately a Go-Go!
Love it!

:clapping:

LOOPYLISA
19-02-2010, 03:51 PM
When i get it out the box i will let u know, had it over a week now :laughing:

Im not a cm just hubs like gadgets :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
19-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Love mine too!

had a new LO start today and she was upset when mum left. I was able to take pics, print them and put them in her diary to show mum she had a good time. Would never have done that the old way (camera>upload>print>cut>find glue> be unable to get glue lid off>cut fingers trying to remove lid> stick in book>stick 2 pages together>give up as bad job and vow never to put photos in diary again...)

Yep, buy one!

Pudding Girl
19-02-2010, 09:04 PM
had dispatch email :) hoping it comes tomorrow!! :clapping:

Jelly Baby
19-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi know i have asked this before but can't find the other post where i put it..sorry! was wanting to know if anyone knew if it worked with our CASIO EXILIM? really hope so as want to get one..how do i know if it is pictobridged or whatever it's called!!..also can you use plugged in to pc/netbook too?
Thanks

SandCastles
19-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi know i have asked this before but can't find the other post where i put it..sorry! was wanting to know if anyone knew if it worked with our CASIO EXILIM? really hope so as want to get one..how do i know if it is pictobridged or whatever it's called!!..also can you use plugged in to pc/netbook too?
Thanks

Have you looked at your manual on their web page

http://exilim.casio.com/support.shtml

Search for pictbridge - if your model supports it and you have the USB cable, then you plug it in select print from your camera and out it pops. simple.

Used mine loads this half term, glad I got lots of paper with my order.

Jelly Baby
20-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Thankyou very much Sandy for the link i never thought to check online! yes it does support it so that's good..good as i bought the pogo last night!!
Thanks again x

funfunfun
20-02-2010, 01:11 PM
finally got my lead yesterday !!!!

Myn is a go go luv it :)