PDA

View Full Version : What exactlly do i need to know with regards to EYFS ??

funfunfun
18-02-2010, 05:12 PM
for my pre reg visit ????

Been pondering about this one :)

Thankyou in advance

clairebear
18-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Id be interested to know the answer to this question too! Good luck with your visit!!

king
18-02-2010, 09:07 PM
At my pre reg visit most of the questions were based on the statutory requirments. Which includes how you are going to keep the children safe:

Safeguarding children (What do do if you suspect abuse)

Health and safety-Safety in the home, healthy diet, ratios, hygiene

I was asked when is it necessary to contact ofsted?

What paper work is needed? policies/contracts/personal info and where will it be stored?

How will you work in partnership with parents?

I was asked to name the 6 areas of learning. Then she picked 2 of them and asked what activities I would provide for a 7month old and a 3year old in those areas.

I was asked how I would promote diversity and equal opportunities.

I was asked about planning, observing and tracking childrens progress.

I hope some of this is useful to you, good luck!

funfunfun
19-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Thankyou for that King !!!!

That has helped me alot actually...........are we supposed to know all the ins and outs of the EYFS area's of learning as there is quite alot to remember

clairebear
19-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Very useful for me, Thank you! x

king
19-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I was asked to name the 6 areas of learning. It would be useful to think of some examples of activities you could provide to cover each area, for various ages. As you are not using the EYFS at the moment she doesnt axpect you to know everything. You will become very familiar of the areas and the wording of it once you start doing your learning journeys on the children. They will probably expect a better knowledge of it on your first proper inspection. She will just be checking that you have looked through the EYFS and have an idea of how you are going to use it.

funfunfun
19-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok thanks again for that !!

Fabby
19-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the advise king -- how did i find this website????? its the best ever!!!! lol x
Good luck i n your inspections you pre-reggers!!!! x