PDA

View Full Version : Is it very quiet on the enquiry front?

Carpet Monkeys
18-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I've been registered since early Jan ... and not one enquiry despite advertising everywhere ..... is it me, or is it extremely quiet on the enquiry front where I am?

Please I need some mindees, especially as DH is going away for nearly 7 mths in May and I so want to be minding before the summer holidays, but at this rate I can't see it happening!!!

Straws
18-02-2010, 04:24 PM
It takes time, just hang in there you will get some soon, I didnt have a call for several months last year, and had 3 phone since xmas. are other minders in your area full?

Straws xx

AliceK
18-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi
It def does go in peaks and troughs. Before Xmas I hadn't had an enquiry for a couple of months and then I got a new mindee in the new year and in the last couple of weeks have had 3 enquiries. Just wish I had the space, I hate saying no to people.
Hang on in there. Are you on Childcare.co.uk? I get a lot of enquiries from there.
Good Luck

xxxxx

Carpet Monkeys
18-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi
It def does go in peaks and troughs. Before Xmas I hadn't had an enquiry for a couple of months and then I got a new mindee in the new year and in the last couple of weeks have had 3 enquiries. Just wish I had the space, I hate saying no to people.
Hang on in there. Are you on Childcare.co.uk? I get a lot of enquiries from there.
Good Luck

xxxxx

Hi There

Yep I'm on Childcare.co.uk and also advertised on Netmums and Gumtree ... thinking of attempting to do my own website, but not sure where to start!

caz3007
18-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Are you ringing the childrens information service at Chi regularly to be at the top of the list.

I havent had any enquiries lately but did get some work with a baby from the school. He starts in a few weeks, so I am as full as I need to be.

Carpet Monkeys
18-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you ringing the childrens information service at Chi regularly to be at the top of the list.

I havent had any enquiries lately but did get some work with a baby from the school. He starts in a few weeks, so I am as full as I need to be.

I come under Hampshire, so keep hassling them, they haven't received my form yet ... I sent it over 2 weeks ago!

caz3007
18-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I come under Hampshire, so keep hassling them, they haven't received my form yet ... I sent it over 2 weeks ago!

Its a pity as you live on the border that you cant be listed on the sussex one too, after all parents from Chi going to Portsmouth, would perhaps be interested

Good luck, hope you get some enquires soon x

Carpet Monkeys
18-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Its a pity as you live on the border that you cant be listed on the sussex one too, after all parents from Chi going to Portsmouth, would perhaps be interested

Do you know what ..... I may just give them a call tomorrow and ask if I can ... can you pm me their number?

miffy
18-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Sorry you're finding it quiet atm. Do you know any other childminders in your area? They might be able to pass on your details to parents if they are full.

Miffy xx

georgie456
18-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi There

Yep I'm on Childcare.co.uk and also advertised on Netmums and Gumtree ... thinking of attempting to do my own website, but not sure where to start!

Get yourself on freeindex too and also Yellow Pages - I've had 2 children come through YP.

Hats
18-02-2010, 08:56 PM

Sadly you cant register on West Sussex too, I've already tried that. They said because we are registered with Ofsted as Hampshire we cant go on their system too!!!:angry:

Once you're on Hampshires one fingers crossed. I did mine online..... make sure you check it though as they made mistakes on mine (said I didnt have any vacancies available!!! if only!!)

OrlandoBelle
18-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I must say, in the past 2 weeks it has been really busy here (in Northants). We had 3 enquiries in one day last week, but unfortunately we were full then and I had to turn them away.

However 2 days ago we received notice from one of my full timers and now i'm praying for the phone to ring. I don't think its going to be that easy though. Once this full timer's notice period ends we'll have 5 weeks before I go on maternity leave for another 5 weeks... who in their right mind would want to use us now with that looming?

I hope it picks up on the enquiry front for everyone soon. xx

Helen Dempster
18-02-2010, 09:57 PM
where are you based?

Carpet Monkeys
19-02-2010, 08:54 AM
I am on the South Coast in Emsworth between Portsmouth and Chichester!

Hats - I just knew that you would be one step ahead of me!!!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I have found it has been really quiet I was getting abit worried I am have to go and get a part time job in the evening as we are struggling as I am only working 18 hours a week which just isn't enough.

Then I got a phone call for 20 hours a week term time only starting the 1st March which is nice and I have a new one starting but not until July which is perfect as I one little one is going then so fits in really nice and that is 34 hours a week which will give us some much needed money.

It does go in stages I did the term time only one and then I got a phone call for full time starting next week but took on the other one.

Fingers crossed something will come along really soon.

Carpet Monkeys
19-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Get yourself on freeindex too and also Yellow Pages - I've had 2 children come through YP.

:thumbsup: Thanks, have updated my yell.com ad from nearly 6 years ago - forgot all about that, and just finished my freeindex one!

Carpet Monkeys
19-02-2010, 10:16 AM
My other dilemma is that at work there are currently 5 :eek: girls all due between March - May, 2 have said that they are definately going back to work, one of which I would love to look after their child and they are prepared to pay a retainer once it's born, the other, she's not sure what she wants to do about childcare ...... the chances are they both want me but one will be 9 months and the other 6 months, but I'm only registered for 1 under 1 ....... would I be able to get a variation?

HATS - If I get any heads up about the other 3, will send your way!

caz3007
19-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Its nice to know that there are probably going to be some babies by the end of the year, trouble is, its a long time to wait, isnt it.

Not fair about the West Sussex CIS as you are so close.

Minstrel
20-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I think we must have had our baby boom in the area last year because all i've had for the past 2 months is calls for babies 6-9 months. And i've signed two (part timers) and can help no more!

The Juggler
20-02-2010, 01:13 PM
do you also check the parent postings on netmums. When i've had ads on, often parents don't always call you but I always see what they are looking for and reply to them.

Tam's Tribe
20-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry you're finding it quiet atm. Do you know any other childminders in your area? They might be able to pass on your details to parents if they are full.

Miffy xx

Hi

For all my advertising (and I was previously in the sales and marketing industry), the majority of my enquiries have come from the Local Council website and recommendations from local childminders . . . Networking, thats the answer, it was for me!!

Good Luck!

Lovies
Tam
x

Hats
20-02-2010, 05:26 PM
HATS - If I get any heads up about the other 3, will send your way![/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

I called Ofsted about variation (I have a 9 month old starting in April for 2 days, so was checking my options!)) and they basically said if I can prove that if I had 2 under 1 I can care for both properly, ie double pushchair, enough toys, can deal with sleep patterns etc, they are happy to make amendments to registration. There is a form to fill in and they assess it all.

Fingers crossed soon we will both be busy!!:clapping: :clapping:

H