PDA

View Full Version : caring for a sick child questionaire

mammumof4
18-02-2010, 01:02 PM
anyone do one of these?
was thinking something like...
i recently cared for your sick child (ear infection)
to help me to evaluate my service to you and make improvements if necessary could you pleas take a few moments to answer this short questionaire.
are you happy with the care i provided your child
do you feel i kept you properly informed and updatd about you childs condition and how they felt each day.
if you instructd me to administar meds did you get a copy.............. am i going barmy?

i know it has spelling errors but im typing with one hand. :D poor mindie will only sleep in my arms and as she is far away in th land of nod i thought i would sneak on here for a bit :D

Winnie
18-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure why you would want it? :huh: it might encourage parents to think its ok to send sick children....and ofsted gave an unsatisfactory last year to someone minding a sick child as it compromised the care of the other children (not sure what was wrong with child).

mammumof4
18-02-2010, 01:19 PM
just thought it would look good in my complimants folder:blush: ok maybe i have gone mad with boredom as i cant move off the sofa. lol
i have no other minded children here this week.

madredann
18-02-2010, 01:35 PM
sometimes children do come with antibiotics etc some have prolonged treatments perhaps you could use it in that situation.
I have no experience of this but from others on this forum parents are always sending kids that are ill perhaps in these instances a note backing up the reasons why you sent the child home and the reasons why could be on it and get parents to sign so they become more aware of the inconvenience having poorly children causes to us and the other children we care for. Plus the best place for child is at home

sandy64
18-02-2010, 02:22 PM
hi like winnie says i wouldnt advertise to ofsted that you care for a sick child.you can still do a evaluation form i do them every 6 mths it has about my care different questions it gives parents a chance to let you no in writing what they think which is what ofsted want to see.

claireLouise
18-02-2010, 02:24 PM
In Scotland caring for a sick child is not considered best practice and would conflict with my infection policy so I would not take a sick child on the basis of spreading the infection to the others in my care and the fact I am not set up to give 1:1 care to a sick child.

I would think again about agreeing to care for a sick child.

Kind Regards

mammumof4
18-02-2010, 02:55 PM
ok, thanks for that girlies :) i know its not good practice to care for a sick child but you cant catch an ear infection, or can you?:blush: i kind of feel bad because the minded child got the cold off my kids and mum needed to work so i said i would still care for her,i must admit it has been HARD HARD work!! today not too bad as she had slept most of the day,which is good as i dont feel well my self :(
was having a mad moment,dont know what i was thinking :idea:

Ripeberry
18-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I won't care for sick mindees, especially if they have been throwing up. But it is difficult if your own child is ill as in theory you can keep them upstairs away from the mindees (toilet upstairs and downstairs), so they don't mix.
Of course if your own child was very ill then you would have to close.

miffy
18-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Hope you're soon feeling better.

I agree with the others, I don't think you need to devise a form for this.

Miffy xx

mammumof4
18-02-2010, 06:40 PM
its like im trying to make more work for myself. WHY i do not know:eek:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: