PDA

View Full Version : What comment will i get tomorrow!!!!

solly
18-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I have got the two children today and tomorrow who's mum made the comment about my 47" Tv saying she must be paying me too much. These children finish with me next friday and i know i shouldn't say it but I cant wait:clapping:

Well I will be waiting for a comment tomorrow from her when she picks the children up as we have just taken delivery of all my new livingroom furniture which my DH will build tonight when I have finished work.

We have got 2 new sideboards, tv unit for the sky etc (tv is on the wall) a set of drawers and a new dining table & chairs (hence i brought the childrens table & chairs).

If she makes a comment i will be ready for it, as its non of her business how we spend our money and as someone said when i originally posted i would prefer to have my BIL alive than buy all this for my house

maryp0ppins
18-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I have got the two children today and tomorrow who's mum made the comment about my 47" Tv saying she must be paying me too much. These children finish with me next friday and i know i shouldn't say it but I cant wait:clapping:

Well I will be waiting for a comment tomorrow from her when she picks the children up as we have just taken delivery of all my new livingroom furniture which my DH will build tonight when I have finished work.

We have got 2 new sideboards, tv unit for the sky etc (tv is on the wall) a set of drawers and a new dining table & chairs (hence i brought the childrens table & chairs).

If she makes a comment i will be ready for it, as its non of her business how we spend our money and as someone said when i originally posted i would prefer to have my BIL alive than buy all this for my house

Your well earned money, spend it how you like :)

Tink
18-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Your home is your business, so your going to buy new things.

What are we supposed to do with our money if we can't spend it on improving our home?

Hope you like your new furniture

Mollymop
18-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I really hate comments like the one she made to you. How rude!!! it's none of her business.

katickles
18-02-2010, 12:38 PM
You go girl!!!

ORKSIE
18-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Do you make comments about other people and what they spend their well earned money on.....I think not!

How dare she comment on what you spend yours on.....:angry:

Gizmo
18-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I think its terrible when people comment like that they should just mind their own business
I mentioned to one of the mums at the school that I was getting a new car and she said well you must be coining it in all of the kids you look after :angry: How dare she, she goes out to work and I dont ask her how she spends her wages :angry:

singingcactus
18-02-2010, 01:45 PM
:eek: How dare you improve your living conditions, you should be living in a squat and caring for her children for free and for all hours she feels like too!!!! She has every right to comment......NOT!!!!! :p

I kind of want her to open her mouth though so you can get the cathartic effect of ripping into her lol, and then coming on here and telling us all about it. :laughing: :laughing:

mrs lilly
18-02-2010, 01:59 PM
My DD goes to a private school, you should hear some of the comments I have had about that! As if I could afford to pay school fees on a childminders income! Doh hello !! I am lucky my husband has a very good job! They don't think about that though do they?!?!?

sandy64
18-02-2010, 02:15 PM
some people are so rude its none of her buisness what you spend your money on enjoy it and remember the good times.:)

TheBTeam
18-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Same here, we have a reasonable inheritance coming to us shortly from my mil, but i would give millions to have my mil back, all the money and possessions will never make up for losing her far too soon. The money is actually very awkward to deal with (we are not ungrateful) but it is too much to waste, but not enough to buy property etc outright, and it has put a huge pressure on us to feel that we must do something with it, not waste it, etc, and we dont want it as much as we want her back.

You do want you need to do to deal with what has happened, my spiteful side would creep out if any comment was made, something along the lines of 'pick one of your family to die then and you might get some money', spiteful i know but sometimes these people need a wake up call!

Daftbat
18-02-2010, 02:54 PM
You go for it girl!!! People like this make me sick as its generally just because they are jealous that they make these comments. Just remind yourself how much better you will feel when she's gone! It all sounds fab by the way:laughing:

zillervalley
18-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I had a gran comment on the ( state of my house) she said when picking up her granchild, your house is alays a mess j--- how do you love like this.:eek: :eek:

it was just toys that were scattered by her gran child, my paper work on table ready to be signed

you cant win can you

some people

ziller

miffy
18-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm sorry but it's none of her business and if she mentions it again I'd tell her.

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
19-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I had a gran comment on the ( state of my house) she said when picking up her granchild, your house is alays a mess j--- how do you love like this.:eek: :eek:

it was just toys that were scattered by her gran child, my paper work on table ready to be signed

you cant win can you

some people

ziller

She'd hate my house then it's always a mess.:laughing:

Lady Haha
19-02-2010, 08:26 AM
I sometimes think that parents don't realise we are a business! And our business is only worth doing if we make a profit!! I know it's not your income that has paid for your new stuff, but even if it was, so what????

Enjoy your new stuff!

solly
19-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Well after the day i had yesterday i decided i actually didnt want her in my house as i think if she had said something i may of just flipped. Her two kids were misbehaving so they had shoes and coats on ready as she arrived. I had put my shoes on as well so it looked like i had to also go out (which i didnt but she didnt know that)

Roll on next friday when they both leave me

ajs
19-02-2010, 08:29 AM
My DD goes to a private school, you should hear some of the comments I have had about that! As if I could afford to pay school fees on a childminders income! Doh hello !! I am lucky my husband has a very good job! They don't think about that though do they?!?!?

and is it any of their business who pays for your child to go to school, this makes me so cross, i am lucky none of my mum's comment even if they make think it.
but if they did they would wish they hadn't

Tam's Tribe
19-02-2010, 08:33 AM
You know the best and most effective response (and you wont go down to her level) is . . .

Smile sweetly and agree that you are very lucky indeed to have such lovely stuff!!!! :D

Honestly, it will get to her!!!! :thumbsup: