PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

birch24
18-02-2010, 11:04 AM
I have got my pre reg inspection tomorrow which was a bit of a shock to say the least!

I need some advice on how I should answer when she says how are you going to implement the eyfs.

I know what to do i just find it hard to put it into words, how can i sum it all up. I know im just going to waffle on and look really stupid!!

Help please.

Koula

candy cat
18-02-2010, 12:26 PM
She won't expect you to know it all......its mainly learning through play so choose a few activities ...i think she asked me what outdoor activity i would do for a 1yr, 2 yr and 5 yr old.....I said bubbles... baby could watch,touch, older ones could blow or catch.This activity would cover lots of areas.

They are not there to catch you out so chill.

get policies ready, risk assessments ready .

good luck cx

Mollymop
18-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Your pre-reg is quite laid back, she wil be there to help you and won't expect you to know it all. She might not even want to see your paperwork yet, mine didn't when I had mine a few years ago.
She will ask you questions but if you get stuck she iwll help you answer them

Have a read through your EYFS standards book and familiarise yourself with it, but don't worry she won't not register you because you get stuck anwering Q's xx

birch24
18-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks to you both that makes me feel a lot better. will post on here tomorrow when she has left.

xx

linda2girls
18-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I've got mine tomorrow too. Hope she doesn't ask me anything too difficult.

Good luck.

Linda.

birch24
18-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Good luck to you too. Im really worried thats she is gonna say im not ready and make me wait longer. its abit scary dont you think.

let me know how you get on what time is yours?

Koula x

birch24
18-02-2010, 10:31 PM
mine is a 12.30.

linda2girls
19-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Koula,

How did yours go? The Ofsted lady was here for about 2.5 hours. She asked lots and lots of questions and had a quick look around the house.

Did you get on OK?

Linda.