PDA

View Full Version : easter?? what can i do

littlestar
13-03-2008, 09:12 PM
hello just wanted to no what everyone does at easter ive never celebrated it but was thinking it might be nice to bake a cake and decorate it for the day i jjust dont no board of just giving out eggs what to do something fun any suggestions or recipes would be great:)

Angela234
13-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Get the children to make Chocolate krispies cakes make a dip in the middle to put little chocolate eggs in (Chocolate nests).
Make buns, ice and put choc eggs on
Make little baskets decorate and put chocolate eggs in.
Make Easter cards
Decorate cut out egg shape card (painting, sticking,)
Cut out a chick / rabbit to paint or glue.
Easter masks, hats
I've done a few things so far for children i'm not having in holiday need to plan some more next week

Good luck

Angela

sarah707
13-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I've got some kits from the pound shop for finger bunnies... cooking some hard boiled eggs to paint... decorating straw hats with flowers for an easter bonnet parade... looking at oval shapes and decorating them using patterns and stampers... using chalks on paving stones outside to make egg shapes... cutting, decorating and sticking egg shapes... buying some mini daffodils and planting a little easter garden... making Easter cards for friends & family...

Enjoy :D

angeldelight
13-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Also lots of craft ideas in the craft section of the forum from everyone

Have fun whatever you do

Angel xx

Tatia
15-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Dye hard boiled eggs. And then have an egg hunt. That's my favourite thing to do!

deeb66
15-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I got loads of stuff to make and do from Tesco.

We will also made some easter bunny gingerbreads and some chocolate birds nests and eggs.

booboo
18-03-2008, 10:33 AM
How do you dye boiled eggs i tryed it never worked maybe i didnt put enough food colouring in??

Amanda x

fionamal
18-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I put the eggs in a pan with a couple of tea bags and it hardboils them and dyes the shell at the same time. Can also do it with coffee.

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 11:34 AM
This is a good site. http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/holiday_easter.htm

Tatia
18-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I guess I'm spoiled but I usually buy the kits that have the food dye tablets. I even found them at Asda last year and bought them for 25p after Easter. Haven't found any this year yet, though. You have to mix it with about 3 tbsp of white vinegar and 1/4 cup of water so maybe that's why your's didn't turn out? The dye has to be really strong and you have to hold them in place for a bit.

Spangles
18-03-2008, 06:23 PM
That's a great site Marie. Thanks.