PDA

View Full Version : Right - here goes!! I'm going to start it!

Cazz
17-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm going to make a start on my SEF! :panic:

I'm expecting Ofsted anytime and I keep reading that it can shorten the inspection.

Does it have to be finished and submitted though - if I only get some of it done will the inspector be able to look at it?

I've got Sarah's e-book ready - all 80 odd pages :eek: . Thanks Sarah!

If I get fed up or brain ache I expect I'll be back later!

sarah707
18-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Don't forget - do it on your computer first then if something goes wrong with the Ofsted system or you lose your internet connection mid way through a question or you press the wrong button.... you don't lose it all :eek:

Go for it! :clapping:

angeldelight
18-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Good luck have fun :laughing:

Angel xx

maryp0ppins
18-02-2010, 08:18 AM
? i need to start mine too, can you not print it all out & show them when they come??

miffy
18-02-2010, 08:29 AM
? i need to start mine too, can you not print it all out & show them when they come??

Yes, you can or you can post it in to them. I think they like to have it before they come out so they can read through it.

Cazz - good luck doing yours!

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
18-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Good luck Cazz with starting it :thumbsup:

I'm making a start on mine too, well it's made it's way to the top of the to do pile so I should get it out the way :panic: :D

Carol xx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I typed mine in word and then copied and pasted into the Ofsted website. If you want to submit it you need to have something in each box so if you haven't completed it and want to send it put TBA (to be added) in the other sections.

Nadine Beazley
18-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Don't worry if you only just finish it before your inspected. I had just finished mine and didn't have the time to send it off, the inspector just sat in the front room and read it while I got on with things!!

If your not going to be inspected for a while then send it to them ( but keep a copy) It will make things quicker and if you've improved on things in that time then show the inspector your copy that has up to date notes and changes in it, this shows that you are constantly reviewing your practices!!!!!

Mollymop
18-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh the dreaded SEF! Once you get started you will hopefully breeze through it though it is very long winded and you will find you keep repeating your self.

My inspector told me to put "see previous question" when I found I was repeating myself towards the end.

SHe also requested it of me when she phoned me - O told her I was nearly finished and she said to complete it and submit it within the week so she could print it off her end and read it through before she came out to see me. - it would decrease the amount of time she would need to be in my setting....she was stil her for nearly 4 hours though:rolleyes:

Good luck x