PDA

View Full Version : Business going to the wall by Summer!!

TheBTeam
17-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Well our business has been doing pretty well recently, but circumstances are that by the summer holidays it will be pretty empty, We have four children from two families finishing uni and college, two mums expecting babies both of which will give up working, one mum giving up work due to being overworked, one mum redundant!

That doesn't leave much!!!!!!!!

Maybe we will end up with a rest whether we need it or not by then!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :laughing:

miffy
17-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope it doesn't come to that - there is time for you to get some other mindees in place - are you advertising?

Miffy xx

jojane
17-02-2010, 06:47 PM
you may end up with some starting in sep?
do some mad advertising now - playgroups, toddlers etc.

jelly15
17-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Hope you can fill your vacancies by the time others leave.

haribo
17-02-2010, 06:51 PM
i just got one starting september -hope the calls come in for you theres plenty of time yet :thumbsup:

Tina O
17-02-2010, 06:52 PM
we all have our up's and down's but you don't know what may happen between now and summer....... I'm sure something is heading your way, everything happends for a reason xx chin up! xx

sandy64
17-02-2010, 06:52 PM
hi i no how you feel my 2 lo start school in sept so are finishing and 1 lo mum only contracted til summer but shes hoping to find another job as much id like a rest cant afford it so heres hoping that we fill our places:)

TheBTeam
17-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I am not particularly worried at the moment, lots change, and I would quite like a quiet summer!! As you say lets hope it is sorted in time for september!

Monkey1
17-02-2010, 06:55 PM
i AM SURE SOMETHING WILL COME UP HUN, IT USUALLY DOES X sorry cap locks on x

Alibali
17-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't worry, it will work out. :thumbsup:

dlissaman
17-02-2010, 10:39 PM
look on the bright side you have lots of time to advertise and get the word about.

nokidshere
17-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Well our business has been doing pretty well recently, but circumstances are that by the summer holidays it will be pretty empty, We have four children from two families finishing uni and college, two mums expecting babies both of which will give up working, one mum giving up work due to being overworked, one mum redundant!

That doesn't leave much!!!!!!!!

Maybe we will end up with a rest whether we need it or not by then!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :laughing:

I've turned down 3 enquiries this week - don't suppose you are in Wiltshire are you :D

The Juggler
18-02-2010, 09:17 AM
hope things pick up for you hon. and with September starts you can hopefully enjoy a nice peaceful summer.

Lily Grace
18-02-2010, 09:54 AM
i know how you feel I am down to one mindee one day a week. I have a couple of after schoolers but they are term-time only.

ORKSIE
18-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Enjoy the poss break:D

Hope its all sorted by Sept:thumbsup:

xx

TheBTeam
18-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Enjoy the poss break:D

Hope its all sorted by Sept:thumbsup:

xx

My plan is to enjoy the summer, see what happens, these things have a way of coming out in the wash one way or another and i have learnt that worrying about it will not change it! WE HOPE:rolleyes:

ORKSIE
18-02-2010, 10:20 AM
My plan is to enjoy the summer, see what happens, these things have a way of coming out in the wash one way or another and i have learnt that worrying about it will not change it! WE HOPE:rolleyes:

I have also learnt this too.:thumbsup:
XXX

caz3007
18-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I dont know about your area, but always seem to get enquiries for September starts, had several last year and took on two after a very quiet 6 months.

louised
18-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I am in the same position, 2 of my mindees start school in september, haven't had any enquiries for about 10 months so I'm starting to look around for a job

Mollymop
18-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I know how you feel. I "had" 6 children on my books then 2 siblings left last month as mum jacked in Uni, so down to my original 4 mindees.
1 of them is leaving in the summer when mum finishes college, 1 finishes in September because she's starting school, so I will be left with 2 before schoolers with one of those starting to walk to school on her own, so don't know how much longer I will be having her.
That will leave me with just one mindee who is only £72 a month! £72 a month from £1500 a month is a big drop. eeekk!

Hope you get to fill your vacancies soon xx

TheBTeam
18-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I know how you feel. I "had" 6 children on my books then 2 siblings left last month as mum jacked in Uni, so down to my original 4 mindees.
1 of them is leaving in the summer when mum finishes college, 1 finishes in September because she's starting school, so I will be left with 2 before schoolers with one of those starting to walk to school on her own, so don't know how much longer I will be having her.
That will leave me with just one mindee who is only £72 a month! £72 a month from £1500 a month is a big drop. eeekk!

Hope you get to fill your vacancies soon xx

Good luck to you too, both my dh and i work together, so in some ways this is better in that we can have 10 under 8 of which 6 can be under 5, so if you lose a few it isn't always the same hit as if i lost them and worked on my own with less allowed, but then we have no other family income so that is a downside!