PDA

View Full Version : My policies

brit_chick
13-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I have got a parent coming to see me tomorrow & i was thinking of giveing her my policies to look at at home because i have got so many i dont think she will have time to read them all when she comes to see me. Do you think its a good idea to do this? Has any one done this befor?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

littlestar
13-03-2008, 08:49 PM
i would give her a copy i havent started minding yet but when i do i was gonna give all my parents a copy of the policys so if they want to querry anything they can just have a look through.

Blaze
13-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't..it adds up to a lot of paper & ink over time...if they don't want you, you may not get them back...also all enquires may not be what they seem...sometimes they are childminders looking at other childminders policies!...learnt the hard way!

All parents are given the opportunity to read my policies (in my portfolio) before signing contracts...if they don't that's their perogitive...I give all parents a copy of all policies at the time of signing the contracts & ask them to sign that they have received copies & have read tem...if they don't that's up to them...but my back is covered!
Tasha:)

miss muffit
13-03-2008, 08:53 PM
HI I have done this...but only if they are defiantly coming to me for the childcare,
If she is still looking around then i would ask her to come back and see me again if theres not enough time on her 1st visit :) :) :)

miffy
13-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd let her have a look whilst she was with you but I wouldn't give anyone a copy to keep until contracts were signed.

miffy xx

emler
13-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I do the same as Tasha :D

Emler x

button68
13-03-2008, 08:56 PM
So does everyone give a copy of thier Policies once contracts are signed? or do they just make them available when and if they want them?

Teresa
13-03-2008, 08:58 PM
i have made a booklet up with my policies in, done the in smaller text so not so many pages. i have got a list of the policies and at the bottom i have the statement " i have read and understood all the policies list above" and then a space for name of child and parents names parents signature and date.
i go quickly threw the policies with the parents and then give them to read and sign and return to me.
hope this helps

ma7ie
13-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I do the same as Tasha. :D

miffy
13-03-2008, 09:01 PM
So does everyone give a copy of thier Policies once contracts are signed? or do they just make them available when and if they want them?

No I give all parents a copy of all policies once contracts are signed - parents have to sign to say they have received them so no arguements later if there's a problem like exclusion period for sickness

miffy xx

sarah707
13-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I do the same as Tasha too! :D

Twinkles
13-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I used to give out all my policies and a copy of my ofsted report :blush: until I took advice from the very wise people on this forum :D
It didn't occur to me that some people were just after my policies or my ofsted number.

brit_chick
13-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all your reply's :)

Trouble
13-03-2008, 10:28 PM
i have made a booklet up with my policies in, done the in smaller text so not so many pages. i have got a list of the policies and at the bottom i have the statement " i have read and understood all the policies list above" and then a space for name of child and parents names parents signature and date.
i go quickly threw the policies with the parents and then give them to read and sign and return to me.
hope this helps

i do this too

Trouble
13-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I used to give out all my policies and a copy of my ofsted report :blush: until I took advice from the very wise people on this forum :D
It didn't occur to me that some people were just after my policies or my ofsted number.

maybe not a good idea:eek:

manjay
13-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Initially I give parents a prospectus which gives a brief overview of the main policies. the full versions are available for them to look at in my portfolio when they visit. Once contracts are signed they get copies and must sign to say they have read and understood

amanda xx

jo hawkins
13-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I give all my parents a copy of policies once they have signed contracts

Jo