PDA

View Full Version : Who to ask for job references?

louised
17-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm considering applying for a community nursery nurse job as I haven't had any enquiries for a long time and I'm losing my 2 full time mindees to school this year. I was a community nursery nurse before I became a childminder and I really enjoyed the job but moved out of the area so had to resign.

Who would I ask for a reference? It's been 5 years since I left my old job so i don't even know if the same staff are still there, Is there any possibilty of getting a reference from Ofsted? I've just been inspected and the inspector I have met on several occasions, is this feasible or should I just give my last employers details even though it has been a while since I worked for them

The Juggler
17-02-2010, 04:20 PM
can you ask an ex-parent without telling her what its for. or if you have cards etc from your parents you could take along.

Otherwise, what about your D.O. childrne's centre manager or a fellow CM? I would take your Ofsted report along if you think it would help.

MissTinkerbell
17-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Can you not ask your mindee's parents, if they are leaving you anyway?

Your DO is a good one and also include a copy of your Ofsted report.

louised
17-02-2010, 06:07 PM
thanks guys, why didn't I think of my DO, I will ask her at my next meeting

The Juggler
17-02-2010, 07:06 PM
thanks guys, why didn't I think of my DO, I will ask her at my next meeting

you said you were really happy with your ofsted report wording didn't you, so that's as good a reference as you could get;)

louised
17-02-2010, 07:34 PM
you said you were really happy with your ofsted report wording didn't you, so that's as good a reference as you could get

Yes that's true, it made me sound lke superwoman, I'm sure they would be impressed