PDA

View Full Version : Booklet: preparing for your registration visit

louise.aydinli9
17-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi guys, firstly want to say how I'm loving this forum. Some very useful information on here.

I'm not a childminder at the moment however I do have my 1st visit soon :panic: I'm working through my booklet "preparing for your registration visit" and I was working there is would be anyone out there who could help me with a few questions that I am stuck on??

Also what sorts of questions do they ask you at your registration visit?

from a "very" nervous

Louise

The questions:

1. How will you support a child for whom English is an additional language, but who has a good understanding of English and speaks english well?

2. How will you work in partnership with parents/carers, other providers and agencies involved in each child's life? for example, a child who goes to a nursery and a childminder; or a child who goes to a childminder and a pre school and is also reciving speech and language therapy?

3. How will you make sure you meet the space requirements? how will you take in to account needs of children with special needs, such as physical disablity?

4. What can children gain from outdoor activities and how will this feature in your routine?

5. What would you do if a child arrived with an injury or an infection? how will you store and administer medication?

Thankyou to everyone on here.

Fabby
17-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I am going be filling mine in over the next few days so i will get back to ya x

Tina O
17-02-2010, 08:00 PM
don't panic, just think about them,

1. talk with them, look at books with them, engage them, flash cards.

2. get information from the others, and try to keep plans to help the child constant.....

3. research the disability before you agree and make sure it is something you can cope with, possibly talk to medical professional. find out what if any extra equipment you may need......

4. fresh air and exercise. walks in park, playparks, garden.......

5. have an illness and a medication policy. if children have injuries when they arrive with you you need to record them so no one trys to blame you for them later in the day.......

These are by no means the answers but I hope they help give you a direction to look at the questions from. They are not there to trip you up, just to make you think about things.