PDA

View Full Version : landlord premises

sanou
17-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Hello

I'm new here need help.
I have private landlord and want to ask him for premises to start CM.

Do I have to wait until get the pre-registration form or the premises first?
does anyone have a template letter to ask for premisews please?

sanou
17-02-2010, 04:07 PM
please help

jojane
17-02-2010, 07:00 PM
i'm in wales so may be slightly different but one of the first things i did was get permission from my landlord as if he said no there wouldnt be any point wasting time on anything else. i emailed him and let him know
i would be fully insured for public liability and would give him a copy of cert so he knew i was covered.
there was no alterations needed to property
how many children i was planning to have and that there would be little disruption to the area (he owns the houses either side and behind)

patevans
17-02-2010, 07:07 PM
My landlord just wrote me a letter saying I am happy for my tenant ____ to childmind from and then my address, Ofsted were happy with this :D

Tina O
17-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I would check with landlord first as they may have something in there mortage agreement (if applic) that could stop you, best to be safe xx

clio0602
17-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Hiya I asked the landlord before I started and he just wrote a letter saying he gave me permission to childmind from this address HTH x

Jessicasmummy
17-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I would check with landlord first as they may have something in there mortage agreement (if applic) that could stop you, best to be safe xx

I had a problem when I moved out of my last rented accomodation - already being a childminder most estate agents would not accept me saying that most rented properties stated that a business could not be run from the premises according to the mortgage. I found a private landlord in the end that accepted me.

I would ask the landlord first if they mind you running the business from your premises or you will be sadly wasting your time going any further.

Twinkles
17-02-2010, 07:41 PM
As a landlord myself I would only be concerned with public liability insurance and would want an undertaking in writing that a childminder would be responsible for the insurance.
I know we all have this as childminders but should a minder allow this to lapse the landlord would want some protection from liability.

sanou
01-03-2010, 10:29 AM
thanks everyone for the help.

I got the permission now waiting to finish my 1st stee into cm courses and do some policies :panic: .Thanks and gd luck for u all.

Sanaa