PDA

View Full Version : Friends for tea

CT64
17-02-2010, 01:24 PM
If you are minding to full capacity and your son or daughter then asks for a friend round for tea who is, obviously, an unpaid 'mindee' but makes you over your numbers - is this allowed?

A friend of mine, also a CM, has been told that any child she has on her premises whilst she is minding, must have official, written record details. But the the child in question was unpaid, and nothing to do with her childminding business. Please clarify! Thanks.

claireLouise
17-02-2010, 02:49 PM
In Scotland this is a definite NOt Allowed, this point actually stopped some on my Induction Course taking up childminding. It is tough but as long as they are in your home they are included in your numbers and you must stay within your registration.

Sorry, this is not the news you were looking for.

Best Wishes

AliceK
17-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi
I'm in England and I didn't think this was allowed. I have been led to believe that if your LO's have a friend over to play it must not take you over your numbers even though you are not officially "childminding" them. This is one reason I'm not doing after schoolies and only sticking to unders 5's that way my DS aged 5 can have a friend over after school if he wants to.

xxxxxx

MissTinkerbell
17-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I was under the same impression. for this reason I'm having a huge problem in planning my daughter's birthday party. Her birthday is on Easter Sunday this year and all the friends she wants to invite are away Easter weekend. I would have had her party on the Thursday before Good Friday but because I only have one mindee - (who is her friend and would be invited) and I would have 4 more children coming too bringing me a total of 8 children under 8 - I've either got to have her party the weekend before or the weekend after which she is not happy about.

The mum of my minded child said she wouldn't pay me the 2 hours of the party and it could be classed as me not looking after her- she's still contracted to me for those hours so I daren't do it.

youarewhatyoueat
17-02-2010, 03:02 PM
You can't go over numbers for any reason but you can have parents stay to look after the other children but you still can't go over I think its 12 children while minding for insurance reasons.

Mouse
17-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I was under the same impression. for this reason I'm having a huge problem in planning my daughter's birthday party. Her birthday is on Easter Sunday this year and all the friends she wants to invite are away Easter weekend. I would have had her party on the Thursday before Good Friday but because I only have one mindee - (who is her friend and would be invited) and I would have 4 more children coming too bringing me a total of 8 children under 8 - I've either got to have her party the weekend before or the weekend after which she is not happy about.

The mum of my minded child said she wouldn't pay me the 2 hours of the party and it could be classed as me not looking after her- she's still contracted to me for those hours so I daren't do it.

I would book it as a day off. That way you're not working, the minded child will be there as a guest & the party can go ahead :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
17-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I would book it as a day off. That way you're not working, the minded child will be there as a guest & the party can go ahead :thumbsup:

I didn't think of that!! Her friend can be a 'friend coming round to play' and a party guest so that mum doesn't have to take a day off work I suppose.

loocyloo
17-02-2010, 05:12 PM

thats what i am doing for my son! i've cacelled everyone from 3pm onwards, and have a couple of mindees coming for a birthday tea! (in fact, i will be picking them up from school as usual!!!) but they will here as friends not mindees!

i was told that if you have paid minded children on the premises and are working, you MUST stick to your ratios. however, if not working no limit !!!