PDA

View Full Version : University Project

Philioto
17-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Hello to all,

A few months back i posted here to ask about a project i am doing at Bournemouth University designing a motor assist system for pushing a fully loaded 'umbrella folding' pushchair up steep hills. I am now in the detailed design section of the project and would like to ask a couple more questions if people wouldnt mind sparing a few seconds to give me their views.

I am looking into issues of weight, and wondered how many people stick strictly to the manufacturer guidelines on carrying weight, and how many throw caution to the wind and ignore the guidelines for any number reasons.

In addition to this i also need to look into costings and price. As you are the experts in the field it seems a good idea to ask you how much an effort saving version of a pushchair would be worth. If you could think of a figure that reflects this i would be extremly grateful as top level pushchairs are pretty expensive already and not being a parent i have limited idea of how much people are prepared to spend on them.

Thankyou very much again for your time, my project is moving along smoothly and all help and comments are still very welcome! :thumbsup:

sarah707
17-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I have never bought a new buggy... always second hand. New ones are too expensive for me as a childminder.

As for putting weight on the buggy - I always put shopping bags on mine :blush:

Hth :D

suzyblue
17-02-2010, 03:37 PM
As long as the wheels hold out I dont worry about the weight too much. I often see double buggies with another child balanced on somewhere too. As a Childminder of nearly 20 years Im sure I must have spent thousands on pushchairs over the years. I would pay about £700 for a pushchair that would last and make my life easier. A good pushchair will sell well second hand too so as a parent you would be able to sell it on once your family is complete.