PDA

View Full Version : healthy food activity for obs help

aly
17-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I'mgonna take another look through sarahs healthy snack book in a mo but if anyone has any suggestions I would be most happy :p

For my NVQ I am being observed doign a healthy eating snack activity and what food does to our body etc...I did find a good website about food and it had a few activities to do and will have to search as i lost it lol, but was thinking of what food the kids could do to prepare and do themselves.

I originally thought a pizza? where they make the dough themselves and decorate with whatever ingredients I have etc......I know pizza can be an unhealthy snack as it is seen as a fast food/takeaway but if making from fresh would it be ok....or if someone can suggest an easyish alternative???

thanks

madredann
17-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I have made tuna pasta salad before with children. You have to cook pasta, then let children add ingredients and mix it up (tuna cucumber peppers tomatoes and some low fat mayo) it is really colourful and not much cooking involved

funfunfun
17-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Try the link they are called pocket pizzas (below is for pizza)

http://www.phunkyfoods.com/docs/pocket_pizzas.pdf

The link to the site is (site link)

http://www.phunkyfoods.com/parents/cooking
lots of recipes for snacks /lunchboxes/meals and breckie

Fantastic site :)
you can print things off too :)

good luck hope this helps

katickles
17-02-2010, 12:46 PM
When I did mine I cut out loads of different types of food, I had made two big sheets with titles of Healthy & Un-Healthy Food & asked the children to choose which group the food belonged to.

As we did it we talked about the types of food & how they helped the body.

jojane
17-02-2010, 01:35 PM
i just recieved my free pack from the british meat association - it has booklets in it about different groups of food, different countries and what food they eat etc - would be good for multicuturaL TOO as it has children from different countries, a world map and other activities plus recipe cards

Daisy1956
17-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I sent for this book too it's great and good to use with all ages.

caz3007
17-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the stuff from the meat association, I cant find it.

Thanks

Fabby
17-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Whats the website for this meat assosciation?
cheers