PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Truffles

It's a small world
16-02-2010, 02:46 PM
My ds's have been enjoying a lovley day just the three of us. We decided to make some chocolate truffles out of a new book I got and we are going to give some to a work colleague of my dh who is always getting little gifts for my boys. Anyway thought I would share. Sorry pics not too brilliant but hope you get the idea :blush:

Not great at baking but try my best and my boys had lots of sticky fun too :laughing: Oh and they are Yummy :laughing:

ORKSIE
16-02-2010, 03:14 PM
They do look yummy
:clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
16-02-2010, 03:21 PM
They look scrummy

So how did you make them ?

Angel xx

sarah32
16-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Id be interested in the receipe as one of my parents just told me its her birthday on thursday and would love to make for her with mindee.:)

It's a small world
16-02-2010, 03:43 PM
4oz (100g) milk choc drops
1 oz (25g) butter
1oz (25g) icing sugar
2oz (50g) plain cake , crumbled into fine crumbs
4 tbsp choc strands
small cases or bags

1- pour about 3cm (1in) of water into a pan . Heat the pan until water bubbles then remove from heat

2- Put chocolate drops & butter into a heatproof bowl. Wearing oven gloves gently put the pan into the bowl

3- Stir the chocolate and butter with a wooden spoon until they have melted. Carefully lift bowl out of water

(I did the above steps)

4- Sift the icing sugar through the sieve into the chocolate .add crumbs and stir until everything mixed (ds 6 & 2 did this)

5- Leave chocolate mixture to cool in the bowl. Then put the chocolate strands onto a plate (ds 6 did this)

6- When the mixture is firm and thick pick some of the mixture out of the bowl (you can use a teaspoon but we had more fun using our hands )and roll into small balls then roll them in the strands until all mixture used.(ds 6 & 2did this)

7-Put truffles onto a plate and place in fridge for half an hour.When done Keep in an airtight container in fridge.

The above makes 10 truffles we doubled the recipe and split to make white choc and milk choc...mmmmmmm yummy....

(Got the Usbourne 'Yummy Little Cookbook' last week some fab recipes that can be adjusted according to the time of year )

angeldelight
16-02-2010, 04:09 PM
4oz (100g) milk choc drops
1 oz (25g) butter
1oz (25g) icing sugar
2oz (50g) plain cake , crumbled into fine crumbs
4 tbsp choc strands
small cases or bags

1- pour about 3cm (1in) of water into a pan . Heat the pan until water bubbles then remove from heat

2- Put chocolate drops & butter into a heatproof bowl. Wearing oven gloves gently put the pan into the bowl

3- Stir the chocolate and butter with a wooden spoon until they have melted. Carefully lift bowl out of water

(I did the above steps)

4- Sift the icing sugar through the sieve into the chocolate .add crumbs and stir until everything mixed (ds 6 & 2 did this)

5- Leave chocolate mixture to cool in the bowl. Then put the chocolate strands onto a plate (ds 6 did this)

6- When the mixture is firm and thick pick some of the mixture out of the bowl (you can use a teaspoon but we had more fun using our hands )and roll into small balls then roll them in the strands until all mixture used.(ds 6 & 2did this)

7-Put truffles onto a plate and place in fridge for half an hour.When done Keep in an airtight container in fridge.

The above makes 10 truffles we doubled the recipe and split to make white choc and milk choc...mmmmmmm yummy....

(Got the Usbourne 'Yummy Little Cookbook' last week some fab recipes that can be adjusted according to the time of year )

Thanks Kerrie will have a go at making these they look and sound yummy

Angel xx

sarah32
16-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks, will note and make later:)

charleyfarley
16-02-2010, 06:27 PM
They do look yummy :clapping:

We love making truffles

Carol xx

amanda1309
16-02-2010, 06:53 PM
they look great.
Will have a go making them next week when I'm back to work.

Daddy Day Care
16-02-2010, 06:55 PM
ohhh they do look yummy mgiht pop round tomorrow :) lol

Gareth
xx

Chell
17-02-2010, 09:03 PM
They sound lovely. :D