PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting Out...Introducing myself and looking for help please x

OopsyDaisy
16-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello, im just starting out, I have a 10 month old wee boy and hope to start childminding asap!

I have done all the necessary things, and have someone from the care comission coming out to the house this Friday, I think this is the last step...

Just wondered if you could fill me in on what to expect from this visit, and if there are things I could do before hand to help me be more prepared.

This is my first post here, so hope its in the correct place, I just came across this forum, its fab....lots of support.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Daisy x

jelly15
16-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Just want to say welcome :thumbsup: . Don't know much about Scottish Care Commission as I am from Wales and we have CSSIW instead but someone will be along soon who can help I'm sure.

crazyhazy
16-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, I'm very new to all this too, sent my application forms back a couple of weeks ago and have the fire service doing their check thursday afternoon and my care commission officer coming out in the evening to meet me and do the disclosure scotland forms. Which care commission office are you under? I'm under paisley, seems to be going smoothly so far, hoping there won't be any delays.

OopsyDaisy
17-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi, im under Musselburgh.

I had my fire checks done a few weeks ago, and got mine and my hubbys disclosures back last week, they took around 4 weeks to come back. Im hoping that things will move really quickly for me as I may have my first mindee set up, just for one day a week but that would be a great start...

Daisy x

seasidegirl
19-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi Daisy,

This my first post after months of trying to pluck up the courage! Just wanted to say I hope the Care Commission visit went well, I've got mine on Monday and don't feel very organised, in fact I'm seriously quaking in my shoes. Was it okay or should I be worried?

Fiona

OopsyDaisy
20-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi the visit went great, he was here for around 2 hours and just chatted really, had a quick look round the house but wasn't even really bothered about that, he said he will send me a letter detailing a couple of things I need to do eg make a few changes to a couple of my policies, obtain some care standards and legislation and get stair gates etc and once I have done all that he will be happy to go ahead, and I should be registered mid March...

I will be registered for 3 initially which is fine as its all I really want, but he said it will be no problem to up the number whenever I want, and the only thing is I will have it in writing that I am not allowed to use my garden, im in a new build house so garden is just a big mess with no fences and we just dont have the money just now to do it, but once I start working we will work on it and then he will come back out and I will be able to use my garden so thats fine.

D x

Tam's Tribe
20-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Just wanted to say 'Hi & Welcome!'

Pela
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Hello Daisy,

I am new to the forum too and have only been chilminding for just over a year. Glad your visit went well. :laughing:

Look forward to chatting to you again soon. :D

Px

Mookins
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
:waving:

x x x