PDA

View Full Version : Not a good day (rant)

Michelle M
13-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I need to have a rant and get this off my chest……………………..

8 month old turned up again today mum never told me when he was due another feed, a nd had brought some jars of food as I requested.

D’s nappy is rather wet and full argghhh she only lives 5 minutes in the car why doesn’t she change him before bringing him.

On the School playground D is absolutely screaming, got him home not interested in the milk again, so gave him some rusk for breakfast, that’s all I could get down him, and I have to force his poor little mouth open.

Tried him on the jar at lunchtime, no way was he having that screamed and screamed, tired milk screamed and screamed, it got to the point my next door neighbour popped round because she could hear him, and our walls are not attached we have an alley way separating our houses. Managed half a banana.

All afternoon he screamed on and off, I thought he would go for a sleep on the way to School, left my house at 2:45 he was screaming until we got home at 3:45!!

Mum told me he is breast fed at home, (I thought he was) so sort of had a go at her, (Step Sister) and said she either expresses which she doesn’t want to do, or she has to introduce the bottle, I have him 2 days a week, and bottle feed him formula and he isn’t used to it.

Feel much better now thank you for listening.

Tatia
13-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh bless his poor little heart! And your's, too. My DD was breastfed and only ever had 2 bottles in her life, neither of which she wanted much to do with. I was on the ICP course and my husband tried giving her expressed breast milk from bottle and she wasn't a happy camper. She should have told you he was a breast baby!

I hope things get better! He just misses his na-nas (our term for breastfeeding).

michellethegooner
13-03-2008, 05:54 PM
awww poor little mite and you must have driven you crazy.

hate it when I have a little one like that makes you feel so helpless, oh well good luck, the things we have to do lol

Michelle x

lizzymoonshine
13-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Do you know, i think some parents think we are mind readers along with childminders!!!

why do they leave their children without giving us the full facts!!!!!!

aaarrggghhh, made me cross for you. hope things get better. :)

jmoff
13-03-2008, 05:58 PM
oh dear...

I cant believe the mum didn't tell you he was breastfed...poor little boy!wasnt she worried if he was going to eat/drink?

I usually give parents a questionnaire (sp?) about the kids' routines etc. That's done beforehand so that there is no confusion.

Hope you get this sorted out.

Jana x

yummymummy
13-03-2008, 05:59 PM
it's so unfair on you and baby, mum should have introduced the bottle way before baby was sent to you to be cared for. I bet your ears are ringing with all that screaming! I prescribe, as soon as possible for you to sit down with your feet up and a large glass of vino ! :cool:
Hope tomorrow is better. X

Michelle M
13-03-2008, 06:04 PM
She is my Step Sister, and I knew he was breastfed when he was born but I was told she would be bottle feeding him when he came to me. Last week she said she had more than 2 hours sleep at night which was good so I must be wearing him out!! I was shocked, by the ay this is her third child, my husband get wound up with her, as soon as he came in I was holding back the tears. She said he eats and then changed her so try to say she has to force the spoon into him.

I said that he is teething and showed her, I put my fingers on his gums and he moved his head away fro the pain so have asked her to bring Calpol tomorrow which I have been told from my ICP I shouldn’t really be giving Calpol.

Oh well hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, Iam going out in a moment to get some Formula Milk he has Apatmil but doesnt like it, a friend recommended Hipp Organic if he is breastfed, better digestion or something, but rather than reply on her I wll get it :rolleyes:

angeldelight
13-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Michelle

What a day you had

So what happens next ? Does she expect you to put up with this every time you have him now ? Bit unfair

Sorry you had a rubbish day hope you manage to relax this evening

Angel xx

Michelle M
13-03-2008, 06:05 PM
it's so unfair on you and baby, mum should have introduced the bottle way before baby was sent to you to be cared for. I bet your ears are ringing with all that screaming! I prescribe, as soon as possible for you to sit down with your feet up and a large glass of vino ! :cool:
Hope tomorrow is better. X

I am having a very large glass or 3 and some chocolate. My daughter who is just 1 wasnt impressed she was upset by the whole thing bless her.

M x

Annie_T
13-03-2008, 06:17 PM
oh hun its off your chest now tho which helps you.

cant believe she didnt tell you when due for feed etc. why has she not introduced bottle with formula to help you out when he with you.. maybe he wont scream so much ,,,, poor thing.

nell57
13-03-2008, 06:24 PM
What a shame for the poor thing and sorry your having a rough time of it.

I started minding a baby at 6 months who was breast fed, mum did'nt want to express and wanted him have formula in the day while with me. He had not been fed by anyone else before so I was a little apprehensive to start with, but mum and i discussed how we'd go about it before he started. when he first started I tried him with a bottle a couple of times and he was'nt interested, then tried him with a feeder cup which he took to within a day, no problems since.

So maybe you try feeder cup the one I use only cost about £1.50

good luck tomorrow and hope you have a better day

Helen

Banana
13-03-2008, 06:26 PM
well of course he's going to be screaming for you if he's being breastfed when he's not with you!! How silly!!

Hope you feel better after having a rant and try to relax tonight

x

tulip0803
13-03-2008, 06:37 PM
No wonder you had such a bad day. What do parent's expect us to be able to do?

With DD1 when I returned to work we tried every teat on the market and she would not take any - so we used a beaker. I used expressed milk for mine but when I minded I had a baby who's Mum wanted to use formula. My daughter was 5 months old.

I would suggest a beaker but be carefull at first as they are not used to the free-flowing milk and can choke a little as they have to use a different drinking technique. Neither of my daughters ever got the hang of the non-spill sippy cups as they are a different way of sucking so I would use the normal cups with the holes on the spout.

Hope it goes better next time.