PDA

View Full Version : Help from some one in Wales PLEASE!

claire2211
16-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I have been thinking about getting an assistant, mainly so I can leave Babies in the house when doing school run. I contacted CSSIW to ask advice and this is the response I got.

Assistants are not allowed to be left alone with the minded children, so if children are transported in a vehicle you need to ensure that you have sufficient space to accommodate the numbers.

So I cant see the point in having an assistant if this is the case. I have read loads on here about assistants being left with the childrent for less then 2 hours. Is it different if you live in wales?

Please help..............

Polly2
16-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Have pm'd you :thumbsup:

aly
16-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I'dlike to know also...I did ask about my partner and my inspector said it wouldnt be worth it....

claire2211
17-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I Have had confirmation from NCMA and CSSIW. We are not allowed under any circumstance to leave an assistant with minded children unless they are a qualified child minder!:mad:

aly
17-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I Have had confirmation from NCMA and CSSIW. We are not allowed under any circumstance to leave an assistant with minded children unless they are a qualified child minder!:mad:

Ithought that might have been the answer, sorry you didnt get the answer you wanted.

Where about are you anyway?

claire2211
17-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm in Newport in South Wales. Where are you?

jojane
17-02-2010, 06:56 PM
i think you can have an assistant do the school run as long as you have written permission from the parents, i think they have to have first aid as well.

manjay
17-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Never come across this one sorry. DH and I are both registered.

aly
17-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm in Newport in South Wales. Where are you?

Down the road in blackwood :p
not far from you.

Polly2
17-02-2010, 09:31 PM
oooh we are practically neighbours :clapping: I live near Abergavenny!

There really doesn't seem much point in having an assisstant does there if thats the case. I was told I couldn't even increase my numbers unless my hubby got registered as a cm.

aly
18-02-2010, 12:15 AM
oooh we are practically neighbours :clapping: I live near Abergavenny!

There really doesn't seem much point in having an assisstant does there if thats the case. I was told I couldn't even increase my numbers unless my hubby got registered as a cm.

I was told Si need not bother registering as the size of my house wouldnt increase my numbers...lol