PDA

View Full Version : Huff

Maguiresmonkeys
15-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Just had a text from my cousin asking if she can come round tomorrow day to catch up....I replied Im working till 5.30 can you come friday when Im off....She replies...have you got a job now or is it just childminding...:angry: :angry: :angry:

Just needed to get that off my chest......

sarak31
15-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I know what you mean - I was asked the other day if I will carry on childminding always or whether I will get 'a proper job again'!!!!!:mad:

Twinkles
15-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I never know whether to laugh or smack someone round the head when they say things like that :panic:

I just said to my daughter ( I'm doing paperwork ) ' Oh look 9pm and I'm still working ' she replied ' working ?? ' ' what do you mean?'

Apparently spending your evening doing paperwork is not working ! Who knew ?

I will have my revenge though. She starts teacher training later this year so when she's up to her eyes in lesson plans I may have to remind her it's not really work :D

Jelly Baby
15-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Ooh annoying! funny thing is i work less hours and most weeks earn more than my fully trained hubby..that always shuts him up if he has a dig!

The Juggler
15-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I will have my revenge though. She starts teacher training later this year so when she's up to her eyes in lesson plans I may have to remind her it's not really work :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maguiresmonkeys
15-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Ooh annoying! funny thing is i work less hours and most weeks earn more than my fully trained hubby..that always shuts him up if he has a dig!
Thats a good point! might just text that back to her.....:laughing:

mabel
16-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I was at the kitchen table one night....9pm 'working' on paperwork and my 14 yr dd said I really did not know that your job meant you had to do all this
she was quite interested in it all and it certainly opened her eyes that I am more than a babysitter, she is a bit more tolerant of me now when I say I have work to do tonight !

Lady Haha
16-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Back to friends visiting! I have a friend or two that do this! They seem to think that as you are at home, you aren't working at all! I really do find it very demeaning! One of my friends is a legal secretary and the other is a very successful sales rep, so they both have 'proper' jobs. I wonder how they would feel if I rang them at work and asked if I could pop in to 'catch up'!!!!!

Another one is one of my mindee's mums. She was my first mindee and yes, at the start it was easy to invite her in for a coffee and chat at 5pm. It was nice to have some adult company at the end of the day. But over the past two years I have become VERY busy after school! Sometimes I have seven kids here and she still comes in for a coffee at 5pm! She does look at me odd when I say 'You'll have to excuse me for a bit, cos I'm actually still working!'.......she doesn't realise that we don't sit down drinking coffee all day!

maryp0ppins
16-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Back to friends visiting! I have a friend or two that do this! They seem to think that as you are at home, you aren't working at all! I really do find it very demeaning! One of my friends is a legal secretary and the other is a very successful sales rep, so they both have 'proper' jobs. I wonder how they would feel if I rang them at work and asked if I could pop in to 'catch up'!!!!!

Another one is one of my mindee's mums. She was my first mindee and yes, at the start it was easy to invite her in for a coffee and chat at 5pm. It was nice to have some adult company at the end of the day. But over the past two years I have become VERY busy after school! Sometimes I have seven kids here and she still comes in for a coffee at 5pm! She does look at me odd when I say 'You'll have to excuse me for a bit, cos I'm actually still working!'.......she doesn't realise that we don't sit down drinking coffee all day!

Your friends sound like a couple of my friend with their "Proper Jobs"
On a night out not so long ago friend 1 said she'd love to be at home all day for her daughter but unlike me she couldnt afford to NOT work.

I asked her if she thought i didn't work & she said "well yes you do but its not PROPER work. Now i'm not violent But i felt like Head butting her :eek:

I was'nt happy & stated she worked 20 hours a week where as i work 50 hours a week sometimes NOT including paperwork!!:angry:

I went on & on till she understood just everything US NON WORKING CHILDMINDERS HAVE TO DO

After all that she turned around & said 'God i wouldn't be able to cope with all that'. :jump for joy:

Maguiresmonkeys
16-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Your friends sound like a couple of my friend with their "Proper Jobs"
On a night out not so long ago friend 1 said she'd love to be at home all day for her daughter but unlike me she couldnt afford to NOT work.

I asked her if she thought i didn't work & she said "well yes you do but its not PROPER work. Now i'm not violent But i felt like Head butting her :eek:

I was'nt happy & stated she worked 20 hours a week where as i work 50 hours a week sometimes NOT including paperwork!!:angry:

I went on & on till she understood just everything US NON WORKING CHILDMINDERS HAVE TO DO

After all that she turned around & said 'God i wouldn't be able to cope with all that'. :jump for joy:

Some people just dont have a clue do they?? :rolleyes: This is the hardest and most demanding job I have ever had! Its also the most rewarding! I love my job, I just wish people would understand what is involved and give us the respect we deserve!

Maguiresmonkeys
16-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Exactly!!! My grandma stormed off one day from my house. As she bought round 3 members of my family- without checking with me first. I said to her at the front door-'im sorry but im working and its not appropriate for you all to visit right now'....she turned right around stormed off down the drive and muttered something under her breath...:angry: I later phoned and explained that I am not able to leave the children on their own with anyone thats not CRB'd etc etc but she still wasnt happy.... She hasnt done it since :thumbsup: