PDA

View Full Version : New Booking yipee!

king
15-02-2010, 08:09 PM
My next door neighbour came around today asking to book a place for Sep. That works out good with me because my son goes to school in Sep and frees up an under 5 space.
Just wanted to share my good news.

Fabby
15-02-2010, 08:13 PM
WOOP well done!! I had a text off a long lost friend today and she wants to discuss me looking after her little boy too! :)

clio0602
15-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Thats great. I wish my neighbour would come and ask me. The Nan keeps telling me how she doesn't want to be looking after their LO anymore !

jelly15
15-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Great news :)

Alibali
16-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Excellent, my neighbour has just enquired about a space from Aug too, but am a bit unsure about it as it's a neighbour?

amanda1309
16-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Excellent, my neighbour has just enquired about a space from Aug too, but am a bit unsure about it as it's a neighbour?

i had 2 mindees from my next door neighbour for 2 years and it worked fine. They were really settled and we managed to strike a good work/home balance.
only left as they emigrated. All you can do is give it a go and see if it works for you.

francinejayne
16-02-2010, 11:20 PM
My next door neighbour came around today asking to book a place for Sep. That works out good with me because my son goes to school in Sep and frees up an under 5 space.

oooh you are in demand aren't you!
pass them on to me if you get any more!! :laughing:

Minstrel
18-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Congratulations! :clapping:

the only thing i would be careful about is making sure your son doesn't have any 'half days' to settle in at school. At our local school they do 3 weeks of half days first and so my under 5 space doesn't really get freed up until october when he is full time.

good luck xxx

TammyN
18-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Congratulations! :clapping:

the only thing i would be careful about is making sure your son doesn't have any 'half days' to settle in at school. At our local school they do 3 weeks of half days first and so my under 5 space doesn't really get freed up until october when he is full time.

good luck xxx

when i had this situation and i rang ofsted to explain they sent my new certificate with son in '5 bracket' in the sept even tho it ment overlapping for a few weeks, iyswim?

king
18-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info.
I was wondering about my childs staggerd start at school. I have enquired about it and was told it is fine. They explained that he will be classed as 5yrs and its the same as him being there in school holidays.
I will inform Ofsted near the time to make sure everything is ok.

SparklingGems
18-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Thats fantastic news and even better that the work came to you welldone :thumbsup: