PDA

View Full Version : be careful what you do.

mushpea
15-02-2010, 06:39 PM
at our local toddler group last week my freinds child ate a bit of play dough then was sick, didnt choke on it at all , then a child was climbing on the table so instead of letting her fall i helped her down, the child was not with me or my friend.
today i saw a different friend who said ' i hear one of urs choked on play dough and another fell off the table' , I was shocked at how someone at the playgroup thought they were my children and how they obviously belived i was negleting them just becuase i helped them, I have not had any calls of late but others i know have and i am just wondering if this sort of thing is why i havent had calls, I often help out the other kids that are there and no-one complains, its a sort of look out for each other thing But not anymore, from now on other people can sort out their kids and i will deal with just mine, i dont want a bad name from helping out other people. (obviously i wont let a child get seriously injured if i can help it!!)
i guess you have to be careful what you do in public as its not always viewed the way it happens!!

zillervalley
15-02-2010, 06:48 PM
yes there is some funny people out there, some years ago a gran that attened our play group called me to another friend.

she said she wouldnt leave her gran children with me because i either had my mindee clinging to my hip or strapped in a buggy

at the time the mindee would not go down so this was how i kept her happy, while i attended to another mindee

try to let the comments ride over you, its hard being a minder you do feel that everyone is watching every move waiting for you to slip up on some thing

ziller

sandy64
15-02-2010, 06:49 PM
its not fare is it i take 3 lo to a group they are fantastic but i no others always ask me to watch theres and when i sit and do activities with mine i end up helping lots of others whilst mums/cm sit i dont mind but i have been asked before now how many i have. so yes i think maybe we should think twice unless its for childs safety,

Fabby
15-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Its a shame really isn't it!! People sticking their noses in can have a big affect on others!! :(

miffy
15-02-2010, 08:19 PM
You never know who's watching or how things are going to be interpreted :rolleyes:

At least you got the chance to say what had really happened - let's hope the facts get back to the gossip-mongers.

Miffy xx

breezy
15-02-2010, 09:18 PM
why cant people mind their own business?:(

mabel
16-02-2010, 09:15 AM
You are so right, I have been minding 15 years and an Ofsted inspector once
said to me ...always watch your back as someone out there will be ready to condemn you and pick up your mistakes. I feel for you, my instant re action would be to help another child but what I do now is shout to the parent
that I am just assisting their child is it ok...with a bit of a laugh (most parents
don't get the hump then if you are being friendly)
then people know they are not your mindees

but at the end of the day we are only human, children will attempt to eat play-doh, fall over and how lucky that you do what you do !

kindredspirits
16-02-2010, 09:26 AM
i am so worried about people thinking i am interferring that if i see a child in a pickle i will be close enough to help if they fall etc but not stop them doing it (unless its really dangerous - you know theres a difference between a young child pulling themselves up on furniture and thinking you need to be there to catch them to something that is seriously going to harm them)