PDA

View Full Version : what do you do in same situ? (please)

newandlearning
15-02-2010, 05:21 PM
hi...

I've had a 18month old settling with me .. and during the first few weeks there was a lot of crying.. now he seems to be settling down well and I'm getting better at distracting him when he gets fretful...

I've told mum all of this and how well he's now eating, happy to get changed and everything .. and she said 'well at home all week all he does is talk about him coming here again'... but unfortunately this leads him to getting really upset. Hence when its talked about at home he's focusing on my setting being upsetting for him rather than fun..:panic: .. and on top of that he's not slept well at night since we've started this..:eek: .. not too much pressure ..

I can try my best to make him happy here and I really think its slow but he's getting better each week he comes... however it sounds like the mum isn't happy with progress ??

what wud you do? what you broach the subject with mum? its making me feel nervous :o

wendywu
15-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I would put photos in his dairy of him playing happily at your setting. That will leave her in no doubt that that he is enjoying himself.:)

newandlearning
15-02-2010, 05:32 PM
last week I took loads of photos of him playing and being happy .. plus on one occasion whilst out we bumped into her neighbour (unbeknown to me).. who saw him being happy to... that's a great Idea wendywu.. also gave her a really positive daily diary last week which shows he's progressing great.xx

Zoomie
15-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Sounds like mum is jealous and offloading her guilt onto you.

Not nice :( .

Not sure how to deal with parent though :o

Daftbat
15-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I would keep doing exactly what you are already doing. You are, from the sound of things, building up a good relationship with the child, and you don't really know what is happening at home which might affect his sleeping patterns too. Its completely normal for young children to change routine and mum may well be tired after a day at work and her mannerisms may have changed towards the child.

Try not to worry and carry on doing a good job. Do the documentation of positive things and be up beat about things. I am sure it will be fine.