PDA

View Full Version : Obaby tandem xi

brightstar
15-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Has anyone bought one of these pushchairs? They are a cheaper version of the phil & teds, I was thinking of getting one but the reviews i've read aren't very good. Should I just pay the extra for a P&T? If so which one do you recommend?

sandy64
15-02-2010, 07:29 PM
hi sorry cant help you but didnt want to read and run.have you googled pram for reviews?

MissTinkerbell
16-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Can't really comment on this one but I have been looking for another pushchair for when I have a 2 year old and an 11 month old in Sept. I looked at this one and really didn't like it - it looked far too flimsy.

I also looked at the Phil and Teds Vibe (a lot of money for a pushchair that has had many bad reviews - although was talking to a couple on Sunday who thought theirs was fantastic!); the Britax B-Dual (looks fantastic, but is £500 and not really been road tested much as its a new model for 2010) and finally the Mamas and Papas T2 (great pushchair but too expensive and only suitable up to 15kg).

I then finally decided (I think) to stick with what I know and spend the money on another Phil and Teds - I really can't recommend it enough. My current one has really been through the wars and you can also get the replacemnet parts easily - I had to get new axle and got it from practicalpushchairs and was with me within days.

So for me its another Phil and Teds Sport - in that lovely apple green!

nikim
16-02-2010, 10:04 AM
these newer cheap versions of the phil and ted only take a maximum weight of 15kg which just shows how cheaply made they probably are (actually some are more expensive) the phil and ted takes up to 25kg in the front seat, mines about 6 yrs old i think and is 3rd hand and had a far bit of bashing i also have a 2yr old who weighs a whopping 18kg and will need to be in a buggy for a few more months yet and cant see any of the others holding his weight there are some good deals on if you shop around