PDA

View Full Version : Kids Waterproofs

desiderata
15-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Due to the fact were supposed to let the kids outside in all weathers and my parents never seem to send the correct clothing.:mad: I am looking for some suitable waterproof clothing that I can keep here and use for whoever is here at the time. I have been looking in local shops and on the internet but they all seem very expensive and Im not sure if they are any good. Has anyone any recommendations please. :)

Mrs.L.C
15-02-2010, 03:38 PM
some friends have them and they love them. Cheapest I have seen are on ebay second hand from £10-20 depending on if you want them padded or not. I have also just brought some new wellies for the younger children. Got 2 pairs size 4 & 8 for under £6 incl postage off ebay couple of days ago. Its something Im going to get gradually I think and I bet they will cost less in the summer

TheBTeam
15-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Poundland had two packs of very cheap waterproof jackets, but they could be good for trips into the garden.

margaret
15-02-2010, 07:28 PM
i buy all waterproofs,wellies,spare coats at carboot ,tell parents if they cant provide what i require kids will wear second hand ,some parents suddenly turn up with everything new others wear mine,

georgie456
15-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Ebay! If you time it right you will get a bargain! I got a padded one for £3 and a non padded one for 99p....

desiderata
15-02-2010, 08:08 PM
thanks Ill try that xx

miffy
15-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Ask parents if they have any that children have outgrown - eventually you will have a range of sizes.

Or you could try charity shops or look out for NCT nearly-new sales.

Miffy xx

margimum
15-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I have picked several up through e bay in the last couple of months. prices around £6 -£7 each. The better ones are roomy and have a zip down one leg which completely opens for easy on/ off. Great little trading co or suit in a sack:)

The Juggler
15-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I have 3 all in ones from waterproofworld.co.uk (puddle suits - Regatta). They were £15. I ask parents to donate too small wellies for my littlies. They even do little over booties for littlies not yet walking to go over their shoes.

helenlc
15-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I have picked up a waterproof all in one off my lcoal netmums for £10. Its blue/red/green so neutral for a boy or girl.

I also got some welly boots, well moon/snow boots really, in Matalan for £3.50 yesterday. They are the size up from what one mindee is so will do him.

I plan to just slowly collect a range of outdoor clothing snd footwear. I am waiting for the boot sales to start up as well to get some more.

Mrs Book
15-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I've put on my supplies list for parents, please provide wellies.

I'm keeping the ones my boys grow out of and the same with waterproof coats. Ok so they will all be blue, but at end of day if parents don't want their little girls wearing blue then they should provide own!!!

Sorry have had a nite of being irritated by parents.

PixiePetal
15-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I got some from my local freecycle :thumbsup:

Winnie
15-02-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.waterproofworld.co.uk/regattapuddlesuit.htm
I got these so we can use the garden all year round & i'm not worried about the coats they bring getting muddy, i also supply wellies.